Beaver Ridge ES Parent Newsletter
Beaver Ridge Elementary School
Student Dismissal- 2:45 PM
Office Hours- 7:30 AM- 4:00 PM
The mission of Beaver Ridge Elementary School is to develop life long learners achieving academic and personal excellence.
The vision of Beaver Ridge Elementary is to be a community of empowered and productive lifelong learners.
Dear Beaver Ridge Parents and Families,
It is hard to believe that we are down to the last two months of the school year. We have accomplished so much this year! During the months of April and May, our 3rd-5th grade students will be demonstrating all they have learned when they take the Georgia Milestones End of Grade (EOG) State Assessment. The Georgia Milestones End of Grade (EOG) State Assessment testing window is April 24th - May 12th.
Our teachers have created many learning opportunities to help students succeed and we are confident that they will do well. As a gentle reminder, please make sure your child has a good night's rest, eats a healthy breakfast, and arrives at school on time. We need your help and support to make these last few months successful for all students!
It is my hope that you are enjoying time with your students. We will be here with open arms to welcome them back on April 10th.
I thank you for all that you do to support our school, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance.
Proud to be your principal,
Apr 3-7 Spring Break
Apr 10 Kindergarten Registration Opens Online
Apr 11 5th Grade Students will visit Summerour MS for a Tour
Apr 11 PTA Meeting Via Zoom
Apr 18 Kindergarten Registration Event
Apr 26 Local School Council Meeting
May 8-May 12 National Teacher Appreciation Week.
May 9 Celebration of Learning
May 17 Field Day 1, 3, 5
May 18 Field Day K, 2, 4
Mar 23 5th Grade Ceremony at Summerour Middle School
May 24 Last Day of School
Local School Council
We'll be holding our Local School Council elections for open seats at the end of April 26. If you would like to be included on the ballot as a parent representative or as a business partner,, or would like to attend the meeting please contact Jessica Fernandez at 770-326-8043 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will be our last Local School Council Meeting.
When: April 26
Where: Beaver Ridge ES Media Center
Coffee and muffins will be available.
Georgia Milestones (EOG) Assessment
The Georgia Milestones (End-of-Grade) Assessment Window will be April 24th - May 12th and we look forward to our 3rd-5th grade students demonstrating all they have learned throughout the year. Our teachers have created many learning opportunities to help students succeed and we are confident that they will do well.
Please mark your calendars!
Our BeaverBots Received a Coding Award
1. Starting on April 10, go to gcpsk12.org, and click on the New Student Enrollment button.
2. Complete the registration form. You don’t need supporting documents to submit the form—you can provide those after your child is registered.
3. Gather your documents and get ready to visit your school! You’ll find a list of documents you’ll need to show on the registration website.
We can’t wait to welcome your new kindergartner, so register today!
All new kindergartners registered by May 20 will be entered into a drawing for cool learning prizes—tablets, games, puzzles, summer reading book bags, LEGO sets, school supplies, and more!
Learn about the easy, two-step registration process on our website.
On April 28, students and staff will wear blue for Autism Awareness.
Attention Parents of Rising 6th Graders
Immunization Rules for 6th Grade Students
All children entering 6th grade (on or after July 1, 2007) are required to meet the following requirements:
1. Have two (2) doses of Measles vaccine, two (2) doses of Mumps vaccine, and one (1) dose of Rubella vaccine or laboratory proof of immunity against Measles, Mumps and Rubella.
2. Have two (2) doses of Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine or documentation of disease or laboratory proof of immunity At the time that your child entered school only one (1) dose of this vaccine was required.
3. All vaccines, documentation of disease, or laboratory proof of immunity must be documented on a valid Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231).
4. Contact your health care professional or local health department to schedule the administration of any needed vaccinations for your child and obtain a new Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231).
*As of July 1, 2014, all students born on or after January 1, 2002, who are entering the 7th grade must have a valid Form 3231 which meets the following new requirements:
1. One (1) dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccine
2. One (1) dose of meningococcal conjugate (MCV) vaccine
We are providing this information to rising 6th graders so that parents may have an opportunity to obtain these immunizations from their health care provider or the health department at any time prior to the beginning of 7th grade.
Our Talented Singers Participated at the Gwinnett County Honor Chorus Event
May 8-May 12 is National Teacher Appreciation Week.
Help us celebrate our teachers and staff!
We are collecting gift cards through May 5th. If you would like to donate a gift card ($5-$20), please drop it off at our Parent Center wit Ms. Gina Alonso or Ms. Giselle Gomez. Gift Cards will be used for a "Teacher Appreciation Raffle."
The GCPS Pre-K Pilot Program is accepting online applications for the 2023-24 Pre-K Lottery February 20 through April 14.
Please note: the lottery closes at 5 p.m. on April 14.
The lottery drawing will be held on April 21.
Please read our Pre-K Enrollment Guidelines and read our Pre-K Lottery FAQs about the lottery process. If you have additional questions, contact the Office of Early Learning and School Readiness at GCPS.EarlyLearning@gcpsk12.org.
Below are the Pre-K recruitment flyers with information for our 23-24 Pre-K lottery. Please click on the language that is best for you.
Our Young Olympians at the Track & Field Event
Ice-Cream Sales Update
CHANGE: Monies for ice-cream will ONLY BE ACCEPTED Monday-Thursday.
Please help us with with our new process for collecting ice-cream money from students.
We will now collect money for ice-cream will Monday-Thursday.
Students can bring $1.00 to purchase ice cream during Monday-Thursday.
Ice-cream will be given out during lunch on Fridays.
Parents also have the option to purchase ice-cream for their student's
class to celebrate their birthday.
Celebration of Learning- May 9
5th grade parents- save the date for the 2023 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony: May 23, 2023.
We will be sending a letter home with more information in the coming months.
Afterschool Care- Only $65 per Week
GASP! is an aftercare program located at Beaver Ridge Elementary. Parents looking for an after-school program at an affordable rate can sign up by clicking on the following link: https://www.GASP-ga.com
- Student Arrival is 7:45am
- Tardy Bell/Late Arrival is 8:15am
- Early Check Out Ends at 2:15pm ***The latest students can be checked out is 2:15pm to allow us time to prepare for the safe arrival of buses and dismissal of students.
- Student Car/Bus Dismissal begins at 2:45pm
Late Arrival Students
Please know that students should try to be at school daily and on time. All students PK-5 will participate in a SEL classroom morning meeting to start their day and then right into instruction. We ask that you do all you can to ensure your child is in school on time. Our bell rings at 7:45 From 7:45 until the late bell at 8:15, students are getting breakfast, unpacking for their day, and engaging in activities their teachers have ready for them.
As always, if your child is sick in any way, they should stay home. Send them back with a sick note from you or your child's doctor to excuse the absence.
CAR RIDER REMINDERS
AM Car Rider Reminders
• Staff will be on the sidewalk to supervise students exiting their cars, beginning at 7:45. Please do not allow your child to exit the car until a member of the staff is present.
• It is very important to be courteous to other drivers. Also, please drive carefully and put your phone away to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
• Staff will wave you forward and will let you know when it is safe for your student to exit the car.
• Car rider staff will only assist your child in exiting the car if needed. Please make sure your child is able to unbuckle their seatbelt and open the car door independently.
• At 8:10, staff will proceed to walk back to their classrooms. If you miss the window, you must park and come inside to check your child in.
• On rainy days, you can anticipate a longer car rider line.
PM Car Rider Reminders
• If afternoon car rider is not your child’s “usual” transportation, their classroom teacher will need a handwritten note from a parent/guardian that allows them to be car riders for that afternoon (E-mails and phone calls are not accepted). If the classroom teacher does not receive a handwritten note, your child will need to go home their usual way.
• Car Riders must be picked up no later than 3:10 pm. We will walk “late” students to the front office and reach out to a parent/guardian. You will need to pick up your child from the front office and sign a “late” form.
• Please hang your 2022-2023 car rider tag in your rearview mirror.
• Please be patient with us as we are trying to locate and load car riders every afternoon. Also, please practice reciting car rider numbers with your child so that we can load them as quickly and safely as possible! Thank you for your help and cooperation!
Name It & Save It!
- GCPS offers healthy and delicious meals for our students. Due to the expiration of USDA Covid-19 waivers, students will now be charged for meals based on their individual eligibility for 2022-2023.
- Parents who would like to apply for Free or Reduced Lunch for their child can access the
2022 - 2023 Meal Application online. New applications are required each school year.
- We recommend you complete the application prior to the first day of school to avoid charges.
- Breakfast Prices: $1.50 (Full Pay); $0.30 (Eligible Reduced Pay); and $0.00 (Eligible Free)
- Lunch Prices: $2.25 (Full Pay); $0.40 (Eligible Reduced Pay); and $0.00 (Eligible Free)
- Milk Only Full Pay: Breakfast and Lunch ($0.40)
MyPaymentsPlus Account Information
All Meet Your Teacher Day/Open House documents will ONLY be available on MyPaymentsPlus. We will not have paper forms available.
MyPaymentPlus Offers Free 24/7 Access To
- Student cafeteria balances and purchase history
- Prepayments for breakfast/lunch, with auto-pay capability
- Meet Your Teacher Day (Open House) documents
- Other fees and activities such as yearbooks, spirit wear, field trips and more!
Using your MPP Account
Creating an Account - Spanish
A Parental Guide: Reviewing and Acknowledging Orientation Agreements & Title I Documents
Imagine Learning Literacy at Home
Imagine Learning Language & Literacy
Follow these simple steps to help your child begin using their Imagine Learning program:
1. Please use a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer. Cell phones are not supported. Make sure your child is working independently.
2. Contact your child's teacher to receive their login credentials
- Still not able to login? Email or text Support
3. Parents and caregivers watch an orientation video (in English or Spanish)
4. Students in Language & Literacy watch this video (in English or Spanish)
Please frequently check our website: https://www.gcpsk12.org/BeaverRidgeES, follow us on https://www.facebook.com/BeaverRidgeES and https://www.instagram.com/beaver_ridge_es, and read all emails from Beaver Ridge Elementary School to stay up to date on all current and upcoming events, important updates, and invaluable information.