Attendance Update for JMA Students
September 10, 2020
ATTENDANCE REPORTING INFORMATION WITH REMOTE / DISTANCE LEARNING AND NEW PHONE SYSTEM PROMPTS INFO.
CALL 817-460-0396 TO REPORT DAILY ABSENCES
Internet Connectivity Issues
GOOGLE MEET IS IMPORTANT TO CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION
Dear Jean Massieu Academy Parents & Guardians,
- Log on daily online at least once to their teacher's Google Classroom site
- Complete daily class assignments at least before 11:59 p.m. the day of
- Attend Google Class meet when the teacher assigns, unless granted permission by teacher to not attend or you have emailed teacher for reason for non-attendance to Google Class Meet
If your child is not able to participate or engage in the 3 items listed above due to:
- Family Emergency
- Doctor Appointment
- Internet connectivity issues
Then the parent / guardian will need to call our NEW ABSENCE NON-ENGAGEMENT reporting phone line (option 1) on our updated phone system at 817-460-0396
for each day your child /children are absent or not engaged remotely/ with distance learning.
If you are not able to call to report the absence through our phone system then you are to email your child/children's teacher (s) the day the absence occurs.
If the absence is not reported by a parent / guardian for the day of non-engagement and non-participation, we will automatically issue a non-excused absence for that child/children and they could be at risk for failing or truancy which is reported to the State of Texas.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding attendance for remote/distance learning please contact us at:
As always, thank you for your continued support
Jean Massieu Academy
ON CAMPUS INSTRUCTION FOR STUDENTS BEGINS 7:30 A.M. ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 28TH!!!
Jean Massieu Academy administrative staff and teachers are excited to welcome our students back to campus beginning Monday, September 28th at 7:30 a.m. We are finalizing our on campus school plans and we will send out information to the parents soon to let you know the details. Parents will have the choice to send their children back to school on Sept. 28th or continue with our Asynchronous Remote/Distance Learning instructional setting until the end of the 1st 9 week grading period.
Here are a few things I would like parents to know when making the decision to send their children back to campus to learn:
- There are updated school supplies lists for on campus learning posted on the JMA website. Please reference the website for that information www.jeanmassieu.com
- All students, staff and teachers will wear masks daily during school hours
- There will be 2 morning assigned check in/drop off access locations according to families that attend JMA where health screenings will be conducted. We will let families know their assigned check point soon
- There will be no bus transportation and only limited transportation when we are able to make that available to priority families in the next few months
- Administration has re-organized the lunch schedules and seating arrangements for students to follow social distancing protocols recommended by the CDC and Tarrant County
- We have new procedures in place if a student were to get ill at school with a new designated "sick" space with new equipment and supplies for students / staff
- We have touch-less thermometers to check temperatures of staff and students
- We have put into place new touch-less hand sanitizing stations upon each school entry points
- Contractors are putting in sanitizing station for staff / teachers to use to sanitize masks or other materials throughout the school day
- A professional cleaning service has been hired to sanitize and disinfect the school once students are off campus after school hours
- New equipment and cleaning supplies ordered to clean, disinfect through out the school day to assist at keeping students healthy daily
These are just the few things we have in place and I will be sending more detailed information home next week regarding our ON CAMPUS PLANS FOR INSTRUCTION.
SEE NEXT GRAB & GO FOOD SERVICE EVENT BELOW ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH
NEXT "GRAB & GO" FOOD SERVICE EVENT ON MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH
Jean Massieu Academy Food Service Team