Tech Tidbits ... and Bits and Bytes
Model Schools Newsletter May 2020
Model Schools Liaison Meeting
This week we held our Model Schools Liaison Meeting online. We had a great conversation regarding the transition to online learning. Our last meeting of the year will be May 21st beginning at 8:30. At this time, we will plan to host this meeting virtually. We hope to see everyone there!
HyperDocs are a wonderful way to engage students in authentic learning tasks, especially in the online learning environment we have been thrust into since March. The resources below highlight some of the best examples of HyperDocs, but teachers can use their own creativity to easily engage students using their own content.
Articles of Interest
Resource Spotlight of the Month
Professional Learning Opportunities
Creating HyperDocs: A Step-by-Step Guide
Join Kerrie Burch, School Library System and Model Schools Director, Susan Marks, Senior Math Specialist, and Kim Inglee ELA Specialist as they showcase the step-by-step process for creating a HyperDoc using the Google platform. This webinar will focus on how to incorporate content that is engaging, differentiated and fun into a HyperDoc.
May 1, 2020 at 9:00 am
May 6, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Using ThingLink to Create HyperDocs
HyperDocs engage students in authentic learning experiences, are visually stimulating, and provide for student agency. Join Kerrie Burch, Director for School Library System and Model Schools as she shows participants how to create HyperDocs using Thinglink, an interactive learning tool. Participants should bring an existing HyperDoc they want to improve or have an existing plan for creating a HyperDoc based on a current lesson with them as this will be a hands-on session.
Date: May 4, 2020
Time: 12 - 1 pm
Ongoing Online PD
- Google Meet
- Google Classroom
- G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
If your district has a particular need, please contact Kerrie Burch (Kerrie.Burch@questar.org).
Educational Technology Specialist (Sp Ed) - HFM BOCES
Job ID: HFMN0167535-7051
Application Deadline: 05/01/2020
Start Date: 01/15/2020
HFM BOCES Special Education Division
POSITION: Educational Technology Specialist to provide direct support to teachers and staff integrating technology into instruction. The successful candidate will:
* Provide a foundation to utilize technology to achieve individualized and Division wide goals.
* Promote instructional design skills for creating performance improvement systems, from classroom/lecture to individualized instruction, including content analysis, sequencing, goal analysis and instructional strategies.
* Be creative in facilitating approaches for integrating technology into education.
* Demonstrate experience in webpage design and development, including an understanding of the design principles used to create websites.
* Hands-on practice with desktop publishing, designing newsletters, informational flyers, brochures, PD training videos and other materials.
LOCATION: HFM BOCES Johnstown, NY
REQUIREMENTS: Must be NYS certified teacher. Experience working with teachers and providing embedded PD. Knowledge of IT systems, software applications and coding preferred.
Please submit all application materials to the attention of Michael Jacob, Director of Special Education with a position specific letter of interest and resume through OLAS.
Questar III School Library System and Model Schools
Carolyn Strauch, Model Schools Coordinator