Senior Plan Resources
Mt. Carmel High School Class of 2023
Sundevil Counselors are here for you!
We want to meet with ALL seniors individually to support you in whatever your path may be after high school. Sign up for your meeting below:
- Mrs. Bronson (Last Names A-F)
- Mr. Whitlock (Last Names G-M)
- Ms. Ferrer (Last Names N-T)
- Mr. Baez (Last Names U-Z, AVID/ELL)
All Seniors - Complete This Form
Applying to 4-Year Colleges? Follow our checklist!
August & September:
- Build a college application list that is right for YOU. Tips & Tools here.
- Get organized- create a google sheet college list like this.
- Ask your parents to fill out Expected Family Contribution Calculator
- Schedule your individual meeting with your counselor to discuss your plans/list/process.
- Follow @MC_Counseling on Instagram
- Work to finalize your college application list - Your counselor can help!
- Start filling out applications. Counselors are here to help!
- Fill out FAFSA as soon as possible starting October 1, 2022
If Colleges you are applying to require letters of recommendation, use Common App!
- Contact your teachers and ask at least 2-3 weeks prior to application deadline.
- Assign them as recommenders in your Common Application account.
- Fill out the Letter of Recommendation Student Survey here
Hands-on College Application Workshops
- Common App September 14
- UC Application September 21
- CSU Application October 5
- Essay Workshop - Tips and Tricks to write your BEST essay. October 26
- Presentation - Understanding College Financing
- Palomar College, FAFSA and Promise October 19
MCHS College Visits & More!!
College Admissions Representatives visit the Sun Center to meet YOU and give small group presentations about their campuses.
College Fairs and other evening events RESOURCE HERE.
Workshop Presentations and Resources
- MC College Bootcamp Presentation - Building your College List and The College Search
- Common App Workshop
- Additional Common App resource
- Understanding College Financing
College Systems Application Info
Scholarships and Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the first step in being eligible for scholarships to any post-secondary institution. ALL Seniors should fill out the FAFSA by March 2nd.
Understanding College Financing presentation
More tips on Financial Aid here.
How Do I Send My Transcript?
- UC and CSU do NOT need a transcript as part of your application.
- Colleges that take The Common Application will receive your transcript as part of the documents your counselor sends. Enter your counselor's contact info where indicated in your Common Application account.
- Community Colleges do not need a transcript as part of the application.
- Other Non-Common App Colleges- may require a transcript as part of your application. If you need a transcript sent to a college that does NOT use Common App, you have two options:
- Electronic Official Transcript, order via Parchment (small fee applies).
- Hard copy sent via US Mail, Contact our Registrar at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Records Office in the Admin Building (no fee).
If you aren't sure if you need an official transcript as part of your applications, contact your counselor!
Pro tip: Refer to your unofficial transcript as you fill out your applications so you aren't trying to enter your course history from memory. To request a copy, contact our Registrar at: email@example.com or visit the Records Office in the
Mr. Whitlock - Last names G-M - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ferrer - Last names N-T - email@example.com
Mr. Baez - Last names U-Z, AVID and ELL - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Tran - Career/Technical Ed and Special Programs - email@example.com