Senior Plan Resources

Mt. Carmel High School Class of 2023

Sundevil Counselors are here for you!

We want to meet with ALL seniors individually to support you in whatever your path may be after high school. Sign up for your meeting below:

All Seniors - Complete This Form

Applying to 4-Year Colleges? Follow our checklist!

August & September:

  • Build a college application list that is right for YOU. Tips & Tools here.
  • Get organized- create a google sheet college list like this.
  • Schedule your individual meeting with your counselor to discuss your plans/list/process.


  • Work to finalize your college application list - Your counselor can help!
  • Start filling out applications. Counselors are here to help!
  • Fill out FAFSA as soon as possible starting October 1, 2022

If Colleges you are applying to require letters of recommendation, use Common App!


  • Continue filling out applications
  • CSU Application Deadline-Nov. 30th
  • UC Application Deadline-Nov. 30th
  • other college application deadlines vary
  • Optional: Send Score Reports from SAT or ACT to colleges if you choose to report them.

Hands-on College Application Workshops

All workshops are on late-start Wednesdays from 8:45, click the date to sign up

MCHS College Visits & More!!

College Admissions Representatives visit the Sun Center to meet YOU and give small group presentations about their campuses.
  1. Sign up for College Visits here.
  2. Download your Pass from Class here.

College Fairs and other evening events RESOURCE HERE.

Workshop Presentations and Resources

College Systems Application Info

Need a quick reference for where to apply and how? Click the image below to see this side by side comparison.

Scholarships and Financial Aid

Financial Aid and Scholarships are available for Trade Schools, Community College and 4 year colleges.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid is the first step in being eligible for scholarships to any post-secondary institution. ALL Seniors should fill out the FAFSA by March 2nd.

Understanding College Financing presentation

More tips on Financial Aid here.

How Do I Send My Transcript?

  • UC and CSU do NOT need a transcript as part of your application.

  • Colleges that take The Common Application will receive your transcript as part of the documents your counselor sends. Enter your counselor's contact info where indicated in your Common Application account.

  • Community Colleges do not need a transcript as part of the application.

  • Other Non-Common App Colleges- may require a transcript as part of your application. If you need a transcript sent to a college that does NOT use Common App, you have two options:

  1. Electronic Official Transcript, order via Parchment (small fee applies).
  2. Hard copy sent via US Mail, Contact our Registrar at: or visit the Records Office in the Admin Building (no fee).

If you aren't sure if you need an official transcript as part of your applications, contact your counselor!

Pro tip: Refer to your unofficial transcript as you fill out your applications so you aren't trying to enter your course history from memory. To request a copy, contact our Registrar at: or visit the Records Office in the

Admin Building.

Facts Sometimes Needed for Applications:

Term you are applying for: Fall 2023

Size of your Senior Class: 457

Highest GPA in your Class: 4.46

Graduation Date: June 9, 2023

MCHS's CEEB code: 052862

Class Rank: PUSD Does NOT Rank Students

MCHS Counseling

Mrs. Bronson - Last names A-F -

Mr. Whitlock - Last names G-M -

Ms. Ferrer - Last names N-T -

Mr. Baez - Last names U-Z, AVID and ELL -

Ms. Tran - Career/Technical Ed and Special Programs -