Huskies in the Know
Happy New Year!!
School Resumes on Tuesday, January 8!
Important Dates to Know
- End of the 3rd Grading Period/1st Semester - Thursday, December 20
- School Resumes/2nd Semester Begins - Tuesday, January 8
- Report Card Grades Posted in Skyward - Friday, January 11
- Icenhower Spelling Bee - Friday, January 11; 9:00 AM in the Library
- Dog Dollar Store - Friday, January 11; 11:00-1:30 in the PTA Room
- TOGO Party - Monday, January 14; Alternate Schedule (lunch times will be altered)
- PTA General Meeting - Thursday, January 17; 7:00 PM in the Library
- Martin Luther King Holiday (No School) - Monday, January 21
- Extended Library Hours - Monday, January 28; 4:45-6:15 in the Library
- Icenhower Spirit Night at Brooklyn's Best Pizza - Tuesday, January 29; 5:00-9:00 PM
- Extended Library Hours - Monday, February 4; 4:45-6:15 in the Library
Our Holiday BINGO was a SUCCESS!
Reading in our PJ's Day!
Our First TOGO Party - Date has been changed!
Our first school-wide TOGO Party has been rescheduled for Monday, January 14 due to Language Arts CBA Testing. The party will be during the school day. We will be running on an alternate schedule, so lunch times will be altered!
Students who do not get their TOGO Card taken up between Monday, December 10 - January 11th, are eligible to attend the party. Students who get their TOGO card taken for any reason during this time frame CANNOT attend the party (even if the student earns it back and has his/her card on the day of the party)!
Again, if their card is taken anytime from this coming Monday, December 10 - Friday, January 11, they CANNOT go to the party!!!
Congratulations to Us!!!
Report Card Grades in Skyward
- The end of the 3rd Grading Period and the 1st Semester was Thursday, December 20.
- Report Card Grades for the 3rd grading period and 1st semester will post in Skyward on Friday, January 11.
- Contact your child's teacher(s) if you have questions or concerns about your child's grades.
Mark Your calendars for our 2nd Icenhower Spirit Night of the Year!
Icenhower Spirit Night at Brooklyn's Best Pizza will be on Tuesday, January 29, from 5:00-9:00 PM. Portions of that night's sales will go back to Icenhower to purchase more books for our classroom libraries!
Click on link below to see the amazing food at Brooklyn's Best Pizza, then plan to eat dinner on Tuesday, January 29, from 5-9 PM. Make sure you tell them you are there representing Icenhower!https://www.facebook.com/brooklynsbestpizzaandpasta/
CyberSense Program - Think Before You Click!
Extended Library Hours on Mondays for Students and Parents
As a part of our Book Initiative to get more books in the hands of our students and/or to make books more accessible, the Icenhower Library will have Extended Library Hours one day a week for our students and their parents to come check out books, to read and/or to and use the resources in the Library.
Students MUST be accompanied by an adult during these extended hours. If a student arrives without an adult, then the student will not be allowed to stay.
School-Wide Reading Initiative!
Icenhower will be embarking on a School-Wide Reading Initiative where all student will be required to read a certain amount of books from several genres for the school year (more to come on this exciting adventure)!
Our teachers are building their classroom libraries to give students a wide variety of books to choose from, and any books you no longer use would be greatly appreciated!
You can drop off your donated books in either the front office or give them to your child's Language Arts teacher!
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Please follow the arrival and dismissal procedures. Parent drop off and pick up is in the FRONT this year, and these procedures MUST be followed to ensure the safety of our students and staff. Everything will go much smoother if everyone follows the correct procedures! Dropping your child off on Collins and/or in the drive to the front is NOT safe!!!!
Students arriving prior to 8:00am are outside and unsupervised until 8:00am. At 8:00am, students enter the building and report to the gym or to the cafeteria for breakfast. The tardy bell rings at 8:30. Students not in class at this time will report to the office and sign-in as “tardy to school.”
Friendly Reminder about Students Arriving Before 8:00 AM
Several students are arriving VERY early each morning, and they are causing disruptions in front of the school. They are bringing outside balls and play equipment that is NOT allowed.
Icenhower staff begins their duty day at 8:00 AM. Students who are dropped off before 8:00 AM will not be supervised.
The school day ends at 4:00 PM. Please make sure your student is picked up in a timely manner.
No Messages Will be Delivered After 3:00 PM
We understand that emergency situations can come up, and those will be handled accordingly.
MISD Volunteer Application for the 18-19 School Year!!
Anyone wishing to volunteer and/or attend events at Icenhower must complete the Volunteer Application for the 2018-2019 school year. This includes field trips, class parties, PTA Socials and Field Day.
Parents that have more than one student at multiple campuses, only need to complete one application.
Please use the link below to fill out the application! It takes just a few minutes, and you MUST be on the approved list if you would like to attend any events listed above.
College and Career Wednesdays
How to Stay In the Know!
- Remind 101- text @ek7gga to 81010
- Follow Icenhower Intermediate on Twitter @huskyproud
- Like us on Facebook at Icenhower Intermediate
- Visit our website at https://www.mansfieldisd.org/page.cfm?p=3182
- Follow us on Instagram @huskyproud
- Weekly Newsletter
- Skyward Email Blasts
- Communication with the teachers
Icenhower Remind 101
Icenhower - The Greatest Show!
Icenhower - The GREATEST SHOW!
Our theme this year revolves around the movie, The Greatest Showman, which is anyone, no matter their background, can rise up and find success if only they combine enough imagination, determination, and grit.
This is ME!
Our theme for this year is This is ME - creating a culture of kindness, diversity and acceptance of who we are as individuals and acceptance of others.
Icenhower - The GREATEST SHOW!
This is ME!
"But I won’t let them break me down to dust
I know that there’s a place for us (…)
When the sharpest words wanna cut me down
I’m gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out
I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I’m meant to be, this is me!"