Wheeler Preschool News
October 24 - October 28
What's happening this week?
Our Theme and Activities
Our letter of the week is I.
Our number is still 2.
Our shape is still square.
Today we will be introducing the book The Legend of Spookley the Square Pumpkin .We will make a Spookley and compare him to a real pumpkin!
Today we will be making a skeleton craft. It's a surprise for you so I can't show you the picture yet ;) We will also be practicing our recognition of number 2 by completing a "find the 2s" paper. Finally, we will work on letter I by using our Handwriting Without Tears materials.
Coffee filter bats are on the agenda for today! These fun crafts are made by dropping drops of liquid watercolors onto a coffee filter, watching the colors blend and letting it dry. Then we add a clothespin to make the wings! Final touches of googly eyes and teeth make him complete.
Today is National Cat Day! We will be making a Peek A Boo cat book similar to the photo. Each friend will get an orange paper, make a cat, and glue them where they want. Then they will tell us where the cat is on the page (bottom, top, side, corner), and we will add words to the page. We put all the pages together to make a class book!
Cat Book Sample
I made a book for us to read each day so they knew how to set up their cat book page. This is a page from that sample.
Important Upcoming Dates
10/24-10/28 Red Ribbon/Spirit Week
- Monday - Wear Red to Pledge to stay drug and bully free!
- Tuesday - Team UP against drugs and bulling and wear Sports Jerseys or Apparel!
- Wednesday - Dare to Prepare by staying drug and bully Free by wearing College or Career clothing!
- Thursday - Let’s Keep the Peace, wear Peace Signs/Tie Dye to keep our school peaceful!
- Friday - It is crazy to bully or do drugs so wear your crazy socks and sunglasses!
- Monday 10/31 Say Boo to drugs and bulling and wear your school appropriate Halloween Costume!
10/31 - Halloween - Students can dress up, but please send an extra set of clothes in case they get tired of their costume. No weapons or masks, and wear regular shoes (ex: no princess high heels)
11/3 - No School: Professional Development Day for Teachers and Staff
11/24-11/25: No School