April 22, 2022
Message from Dr. Frischkorn
Good Evening Mayfield!
We had several examples of how outstanding our Mayfield Bobcat students are this past week! Our 5th graders recently took a field trip to the Manassas Battlefield for a field trip. The park rangers at the Battlefield and several guests commented on a great group of students our school had. Our students asked some very thoughtful questions, and they also displayed the high-quality characteristics of an all-around great person! The comments about our students were a great Mayfield Moment that makes me proud to be the principal and serve this great community.
Additionally, April 22, 2022, is Earth Day, and we had students from Mrs. Mernin's and Ms. Spall's help support our school by cleaning up around the playground. This group of students again displayed the characteristics of being amazing people who care about their community. Additionally, Officer Lawler and Mr. Moore joined Mrs. Holbrook and Mrs. Kaufman's students on a nature walk around Mayfield Intermediate School. The students had a great time exploring the beautiful grounds here at Mayfield. We should all be proud to be part of Manassas City and Mayfield because our students are rock stars!
Dr. Donald Frischkorn
*Please Note the Change in Date* Monday, April 25, 2022
Spring Concert Season is Here!
Here is our concert schedule:
Tuesday, April 26: Orchestra Concert from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Wednesday, April 27: Chorus Concert from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Thursday, April 28: Band Concert from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
The spring concerts will be hosted right here at Mayfield Intermediate School!
Manassas Reads Book Donations
Upcoming SOL Schedule
- 5th and 6th Grade Reading SOL
May 5, 2022
- 5th Grade Science SOL
May 10, 2022
- 5th and 6th Grade Math SOL
Expedited Retakes for Students who Score 375-399
- May 17, 2022: 5th and 6th Grade Reading Expedited Retake SOL
- May 18, 2022: 5th and 6th Grade Math Expedited Retake SOL
- May 19, 2022: 5th Grade Science Expedited Retake SOL
A Day/B Day Schedule for the Next 2 Weeks
Monday, April 25: B-Day
Tuesday, April 26: A-Day
Wednesday, April 27: B-Day
Thursday, April 28: A-Day
Friday, April 29: B-Day
Important Dates Coming Up
- April 25, 2022: Meet the New Metz Principal
- April 26. 2022: 4th Quarter Interim Reports
- April 26, 2022: Orchestra Concert in the Gym
- April 27, 2022: Chorus Concert
- April 28, 2022: Band Concert in the Gym
- May, 26 and 27, 2022: Early Release Days for Students and the last days of school