Is English your first language?
looking for research participants
What research is this?
The purpose of this research project is to investigate how people perceive Mandarin tones. You will be asked to fill out a questionnaire and finish a simple task of choosing sounds you heard.This study is conducted by Wenyi Ling, a PhD. students of University of Hawaii at Manoa.
To qualify for this study, you must fit the following profile:
- Your very first language is English
- Your parents didn't speak any tone languages (e.g., Mandarin, Cantonese,Vietnamese,Thai) to you when you were growing up.
- You are 18 or more years old.
What do participants do?
- Participants finish an online language background questionnaire.
- Participants hear sounds and make choice by using keyboard.
- Participants may be asked to finish a short listening proficiency quiz in Mandarin.
Where: Moore 264(SLAB)
How long: About 45-55 minutes
When: When it is convenient for you!
Compensation is provided!
Interested? Please email Wenyi at email@example.com or (808)741-8094