In the Loop
March 19, 2021
District/Board of Education
Meet Sherrye Tolbert: New TCS Board of Education Member
2021/2022 Board-Approved School Year Calendar
The TCS Board of Education approved the 2021-2022 School Year Calendar at its March meeting. The calendar features a staggered start for students across K12 with last names A-M beginning school on August 11 and students whose last names begin with N-Z beginning school on August 12. Friday, August 13, 2021, will be the first day of school for all students.
The calendar also includes these highlights:
- Sept. 6 (Labor Day)
- Nov. 11 (Veterans Day)
- Nov. 24-26 (Thanksgiving)
- Dec. 20-Jan 2 (Winter Break)
- Jan. 5 (1st day for students, 2nd semester)
- Jan. 17 (MLK., Jr. Holiday)
- Feb. 21 (Presidents Day)
- March 21-25 (Spring Break)
- May 24 (Graduation)
2021-2022 Board of Education Meetings
March P.A.C.E. Character Trait of the Month
Superintendent, Board, Others Honored With Acts of Kindness
Students collected items and made donations to various entities on behalf of the Superintendent and Board of Education.
- Kindergarten: Brookwood Baptist Burn Center (Mrs. Kathy Brown)
- 1st Grade: A.G. Gaston Boys & Girls Club (Mr. Stan Garrett)
- 2nd Grade: City of Trussville Fire & Rescue (Mr. Mark Sims)
- 3rd Grade: Greater Birmingham Humane Society (Mrs. Kim DeShazo)
- 4th Grade: First United Methodist Church New Horizons Class (Dr. Steve Ward)
- 5th Grade: Trussville Police Department (Superintendent Dr. Pattie Neill)
State's List of "Best Young Artists" Includes Three TCS Students
Buy a Brick: TCS Foundation Fundraiser
- Alabama Literacy Act - FAQs for Parents
- Gross Out Camp on the Cahaba - Trussville/Registration Now Open
- TCS Foundation Casino Night: May 1, 2021 (tentative new date).
- Cafeteria Substitutes Needed at all TCS schools! $11.00/hour, 7:30-2:00 (typical schedule), qualifications- food handler’s card/no experience needed. Interested? Contact CNP Coordinator Morgan Bean for more information.
- CNP: Pandemic EBT Disbursements will be sent to eligible households Spring 2021. Please see the English and Spanish versions of this announcement from ALSDE.
Cahaba Elementary Earns $5,000.00 Through Performance Program
Cahaba Elementary School (CES) has been recognized by the Legislative School Performance Program (LSPP). CES has been ranked among the state's top 25% of public schools through the LSPP metrics. The LSPP rewards public schools, based on the school grading system, that demonstrate high performance by being ranked in the top 25% of public schools or that demonstrate exemplary progress by improving their overall annual ranking by at least one letter grade. CES received a letter of recognition and a $5,000.00 check this week.
Magnolia Elementary Showcases Celebration of Words
To fully celebrate “Oh, the Places You Will Go” Day during Read Across America Week, students at Magnolia Elementary dressed like their future career. Second Graders in Mrs. Gamble’s class have high aspirations, as this slideshow depicts. From precious babies… to an inspirational future! See the young readers "through the years" in this musical slideshow.
Paine Elementary (Virtually) Welcomes Chief Meteorologist James Spann
Hewitt-Trussville Middle School
It was officially announced this month that Hewitt-Trussville Middle School (HTMS) has been chosen to be part of the A+ College Ready Cohort 14. This exciting opportunity came about thanks to collaborative work from school and district personnel and included a virtual site visit with the staff from A+ College Ready. So, what does this mean? HTMS will embark on a three-year relationship with A+ College Ready that will involve school-wide implementation involving comprehensive professional development and support for our staff throughout this process. HTMS will have a very focused approach on how to provide rigor and support for ALL students to prepare them to take higher level courses in high school.
See more on this new academic partnership.
Hewitt-Trussville High School
Scholars Bowl Captures Top Spot in District Tournament Pool
Tracking the Huskies - Highlights
City Shout Outs...
Trussville Youth Cheerleading Association (TYCA) Registration
2021-2022 1st – 6th Grade / Registration will be ONLINE this year....DEADLINE: April 15, 2021
Please visit this link to register. You will need:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Proof of Trussville residency (two utility bills with same address or deed)
- Registration fee of $300.00 (SR 2 registration is $350.00)
- This registration fee covers most of your daughter’s needs for the season including uniform, camp clothes, shoes, pom poms, bag and ribbons!
- Debit and credit card payments only
- Your daughter must be eligible to enroll in 1st – 6th grades through Trussville City Schools
Uniform fittings will be IN PERSON
- Fittings will be held at the Trussville Civic Center
- April 25th from 2:30pm-5:30pm
- May 3rd from 5:00pm-7:00pm
- You only need to attend one fitting. Specific times for each squad will be announced after the close of online registration.
- At this time, masks are required
Sorry, no late registration. LIKE us on FACEBOOK…Trussville Youth Cheerleading Association (direct link to register is posted on the FB page). Direct questions to: email@example.com
Trussville Archery Club: Registration Open
About Trussville City Schools
Download the TCS Smartphone App!