Weekly Newsletter August 12, 2022 Vol. 1, Issue 2
Marky Moose News
It's so nice to meet you!
This week I was able to meet many community members at the ice cream gathering sponsored by Superintendent Nichols at FHTMS, and at our very own Meet and Greet at RMCS. Thanks to parents, grandparents, and students who were able to stop by for conversation, snacks, and laughs. Please consider stopping by RMCS for one of the upcoming events before school starts this month. I'd love to introduce myself to you in person. See dates below.
RMCS Garden Cleanup
Have you noticed the sign and beautiful gardens at the entrance of the school? A big shout out and many thanks to staff and parents who came together for a garden clean up on Friday, August 5th. With a donation from Claussen's Greenhouse and garden tools from home, they clipped, trimmed, weeded, dug, and planted. When I was able to join, I so much appreciated the conversation, teamwork, and yes, more laughter. Thank you Paul Kolbenson, Paula Jensvold, Katie Ransom, Stephanie Hockenbury, Jen Belisle, Kelly Mahl, Ellen Copley, Danielle Vincent, Nicholle Eddy, Annie Allardyce, Paul Balsamo, Erin Dahlstrom, and Mary Steussey!
Monday, August 15- Class Placement Information Available
It's the day you've been waiting for! On Monday, August 15, parents may sign into the PowerSchool Parent Portal to find class placement information. In the menu on the left you will see "Homeroom Assignment". That's where you will find your teacher!
Soon after, you'll receive a welcome message from your child's teacher or grade level team. Teachers will share information about themselves, their classrooms, and what students might need for school.
On our website, the Families tab will help you find:
- Nutritional Services- School lunch menus and the free & reduced lunch application form
- Transportation- Bus routes will be posted on August 15
- PTO information- Join the Parent Teacher Organization!
Add to your Calendar:
Saturday, August 27- Kindergarten Playdate
Tuesday, August 30- First day of school
- Bus schedules will be posted on August 19. Follow this link to the Transportation Page.
- The student drop-off window is between 7:50 - 8:00 am at the designated drop-off spot
- Faculty and staff members will be available to help students get to their classrooms.
- Classes begin promptly at 8:05.
- We plan to return to normal routines in the lunchroom and during recess!
- Students will experience a full school day schedule and dismissal is at 2:35.
Monday, September 5- Labor Day, no school
Friday, September 23- Dismissal at 12:30 for staff professional learning
From Nutritional Services
Universal School Meals at RMCS
Did you know that all RMCS students will receive one free breakfast and one free lunch at school each day?
- The State of Vermont has provided money to do this for one year through the Universal School Meals Act.
- Extra meal items and a la carte items, including milk, are not part of the USDA Free & Reduced meal programs. If your student brings lunch from home and wishes to purchase milk, the cost is $.50.
- Extra meal items and a la carte items may not be charged; a student must have funds in their account or pay cash at the register.
You can help provide free meals to ALL students in future years
What? We are asking all families to please fill out this application for free and reduced price school meals.
Why? If many families fill out and return this form, we will get more money from the federal government for free school meals now and in the future. We will also get more money for other school programs. Filling out this form also helps our community provide free summer meals to all kids.
How? Fill out the form and return it to the RMCS main office. You may also complete the application online in MySchoolApps if your student was previously enrolled in the district.
Opportunities at Rick Marcotte Central School
RMCS is still hiring. Please contact us about joining our team if you qualify for these openings.
- Special Educator
- Classroom teacher- Long term sub
- Administrative Assistant to the Principal- Come work with us in our busy main office!
We are also still hiring a few support positions for this year. Training will be provided for all new hires.
- Interventionists - working 1:1 with students who have Individualized Education Plans
- Paraeducator - working with small groups of students who have Individualized Education Plans
Opportunities in Nutritional Services
Are you currently searching for employment? Do you like working with children? Would you like to work the same schedule as your children while receiving full benefits and a generous starting wage ($17.85-23.10 per hour) Nutritional services has several open positions, either full time, 7 hours a day or part time 4.5 hours per day. No experience necessary. For more information or to apply please contact Rhonda Ketner, Director, Nutritional Services; firstname.lastname@example.org
Lissa McDonald, Interim Principal
Location: Rick Marcotte Central School, 200 Market Street, South Burlington, VT, USA