Lenox Elementary Newsletter
Week of September 20th-September 24th
Greetings Lenox Families/Saludos Familias Lenox
WOW, what an amazing full week of school! We are so proud of our Lenox Pioneers and all of their hard work, perseverance, and kindness. It is such an honor to be a part of the Lenox community and I am looking forward to the wonderful year ahead!
There is a lot of important information below so please read through it all and continue to refer to this newsletter. Starting now, this newsletter will come out bi-weekly with updates, reminders, important dates, etc. Communication is essential to our success so we will also be utilizing the Remind application so be sure you have signed up to receive our messages. An invitation to join likely came from your child's teacher.
You can also check out our instagram - hsdlenox and;
our website - https://www.hsd.k12.or.us/lenox for the latest happenings as well.
If you ever have a question, please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's classroom teacher, the office or me. Communication and connection are key to our success!
In service to you,
Sarah Keller, Principal
Lenox Spirit Days
Every Friday is Lenox Spirit Gear Day! Wear Lenox colors - red, black, and white or wear any Lenox gear you own. Visit https://lenoxboosterclub.membershiptoolkit.com/spirit_wear to purchase gear if interested.
News & Notes You Need to Know
- In the morning, if you park in our parking lot to drop off your child, please use the crosswalk as jetting across the pull thru lane can put you and your students in an unsafe position.
- Reminder - class starts promptly at 7:45. If you arrive after 7:45 ALL students will need to enter the front door AND they will need to grab a late pass from Ms. Thomas.
- If you call the office between 1:50-2:05 there is not anyone to answer the phone since office staff are assisting with dismissal during that time. Please leave a voice mail and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- Remember - If you have changes to the way your child is getting home - please call the office the day prior or by 1:00pm the day of so that we can ensure a smooth transition for your child at dismissal time
- If your child is going to be absent, please call the attendance line 503-844-1363 prior to the start of the day.
- Starting in late September, HSD will conduct free vision screenings for students in grades K, 1, 3 and 5, in partnership with the Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation. This annual vision screening meets the requirements of Oregon House Bill 3000. For more information, please contact your school’s office manager or call the District’s Vision Screening Team at 503-844-1553
Student Technology Updates
This website: https://sites.google.com/hsd.k12.or.us/student-tech-help/home has some helpful resources to get you started with your technology.
If you need help, have questions, or want to report a lost/damaged Chromebook:
Contact Lenox Technology Support: call or text 971-206-4223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Mon-Fri 7:30 am - 4:00 pm)
Call the Lenox Main Office: (503) 844-1360 (Mon-Fri 7:15 am - 3:15 pm)
Contact the Student Technology Helpdesk: Call 503-886-8956 (Mon-Fri 7:30 am - 4:00 pm)
Check this website for more resources: https://sites.google.com/hsd.k12.or.us/student-tech-help/home
In order to ensure safety for all students , we are asking that masks be worn at recess as it is difficult to maintain 3 feet social distancing in this area. Students can distance and take mask breaks away from the play structures and crowded playfields when needed.
Please continue to practice and reinforce mask wearing with your student(s). We will always have extras on hand at all entrances/exits/classrooms should your child need a new mask.
Happening in Our Community this Month
Hillsboro Hispanic Heritage Month - (Sept 15th-Oct 15th)
Celebration info AND activities, books, and resource links above
English Classes for Parents/Guardians
- Beaverton Literacy
PCC - ESOL classes
ESOL phone: 971-722-6817
Hillsboro ESOL Navigator: Maricela Velazquez
Library on the Loose
Get a prize, try some STEM projects, and a craft activity as part of September National Library Card Sign Up Month.
Booster Club Spotlight
ALL September (Mondays-Thursdays) - Thirsty Lion
Need a break from cooking after trying to adjust to the new school schedule? Had a late night at sports practice? Maybe you don't even know what to cook? Then consider picking up take-out or dining-in at Thirsty Lion (Tanasbourne/ Hillsboro location only) at any time on Mondays through Thursdays during the month of September. When you do, Thirsty Lion will donate 15% of your purchase back to Lenox! Just show this flyer or mention Lenox Elementary at the time of purchase so Lenox will receive credit! Come as many times as you want during the month and don't forget to tell family and friends! Restaurant hours: 11:30am-9:00pm.
Booster Club Website - https://lenoxboosterclub.membershiptoolkit.com/
Volunteers & Visitors Reminders
It's important to note that visitors and non-HSD staff are not allowed in our classrooms and student contact areas at this time. We are looking forward to having volunteers and visitors in our school later this year!