Crew's News- Mrs. Copeland's Class
Feb. 8 - Feb. 12
What are we up to?
- Writing - Friendly Letter Writing and opinion pieces
- ELA - Contractions and Possessive Nouns
ELA IXL - Possessive Nouns (G.2, G.3), Contractions (Y.1 - Y.5)
- Math - Addition (with regrouping)
MATH IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
- Struggling: 1st grade - E.1 - E.6, E.9 - E.11
- On Grade Level: 2nd grade - E.17, E.19, G.2, G.4, I.2
- Challenge: 2nd grade - any of the G or I's with regrouping
- Social Studies: Regions of the United States
Weekly Words: "oi" words - boil, noise, coins, oink, point, poison, join, soil, voice
* Individually Packaged Snacks
* Candy/treats for treat jar (no peanut products please)
Thank you for any donations!
We're a little over half way through our year (can you believe it!) and our materials are not so new anymore. Please ask your child if they are in need of new markers, crayons, pencils, erasers, ect. for the classroom. Many markers are dried out and crayons are broken but we still have so much to accomplish before the year is through :)
- February 9 - Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night
- February 10 - Winter MAP Reading Test
- February 12 - Make up snow day
- February 15 - No School - President's Day & Nishie G's Spirit Night
- February 17 - Zaxby's Spirit Night
- February 24 - McAlister's Spirit Night
- February 26 - Movie Night (See details below)
Box Tops are collected every Friday
Class Valentine's Party
If your contact info has changed (phone number or e-mail address) please forward updated info to firstname.lastname@example.org as we do send out information & alerts every week.
The Next Spirit Night will be at Chick-Fil-A on Tuesday, February 9th. Orders taken all day will be counted toward IHES.
Please see flyer for details.
Movie Night will be February 26th with the Featured Film being Good Dino. Pizza, Popcorn, Candy & Drinks will be sold. Please watch for pizza pre-order form to come home with your student in the coming weeks.
Box Top Collection:
Our Box Tops numbers are growing and growing!!! Which Class will take the lead this week?? Please see the PTA Facebook page for a link to the BOX TOPS program and a list of all the items.
**Remember you can earn Bonus Points at Sam's Club. Keep a lookout for those items at the store when shopping**
Fun Run April 1st:
Have you marked your calendars?? Preparations are well under way! If you have questions or would like to help in any way, please contact Sally Young (email@example.com ).
Thank you to all the families who sent in Coffee or Donuts for the teachers & staff last Friday 1/29! It was greatly appreciated!
Stay in touch:
**Please find us on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/IHESPTA )
**Sign up for our text remind services by texting: @ihespta to 81010
** If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Relay for Life
Saturday, May 14th, 8am
4757 Mount Gallant Road
Rock Hill, SC
MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
Relay for Life will be May 14, 2016, at Dutchman Creek Middle School.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Email - LCopeland@rhmail.org
Voicemail - (803) 985-4042