By- Sara Mitchell
What is Entrepreneurship?
Entrepreneurship is the process of starting your own business, typically a start up company offering a new, original product or service.
What Skills are Needed to Become an Entrepreneur?
Starting your own business requires many skills, such as being able to work 50+ hours a week, and not having other people/employees to help you. Being an entrepreneur comes with a lot of work, such an being able to keep track of all financial statistics and being accountable for making all financial and career decisions. You should be very independent and be able to work well by yourself to accomplish many things.
What Personal Characteristics Will Help Me Be a Successful Entrepreneur?
Here is a list of characteristics that are helpful to have in an entrepreneurship. These personal traits are not required, but would make starting your own business easy.
- Goal Oriented
Steps to Starting Your Own Entrepreneurship
- Brainstorm what type of business you would like to start, and what kind of products/services will be offered
- Create a business plan to follow
- Gather needed resources to make your product/produce your service
- Launch marketing and brand-awareness campaigns
- Make sure you have the right finances to start your business
- Create maintenance lists (record books, payrolls, etc.)
- Set future goals for your business