Mrs. Kixmiller's Class Newsletter
Check out what is happening in 4th Grade!
Thanksgiving Break is Nov. 25 - 29
Starting the week after Thanksgiving Break, students will be required to spend 30 minutes-1 hour each week on Istation. Istation is an individualized reading program to help with content vocabulary and comprehension. Click here to download Istation to use at home.
In Class this Week: Science
Students have been learning about heat and thermal energy. This week, we collaborated with Ms. Eastman's class to find out which materials are better insulators. Students used foil, felt, paper, and cotton and measured ice water temperature to see which material was the best insulator.
*3 Weeks Progress Reports Go Out Next Week*
Weekly Curriculum Update Nov. 18-22
- Math- Multiplying 2 digit x 2 digit numbers and multi-step problem solving.
**Students need to be studying their multiplication facts at home**
- Writing- Thankful writing paragraph.
- Reading- Story Elements--characters, setting, and summary.
- Science- Review Heat and Thermal Energy and begin Forces unit.
- Social Studies-Begin early explorers of Texas unit.
- Monday: Heat and Thermal Energy Open Note Quiz (major grade)
- Wednesday: 8's Multiplication Quiz
- Thursday: Topic 7 Math Assessment (major grade)
- Friday: Spelling Test
- Friday: Story Elements Test (major grade)