Stanley Avenue School Newsletter
Term 1 Week 1 2022
Nga mihi o te tau hou, nau mai ki te tau 2022 Happy New Year and welcome back to 2022
Message from our Principal
Kia ora koutou katoa. Welcome back to the 2022 school year. I would particularly like to welcome our new students and new families/whānau to our school.
I trust you have had a refreshing holiday period and spent some quality time with family and friends exploring the wonderful opportunities that NZ has to offer.
I would like to say a big thank you to the school community for their support and cooperation with our school procedures at the CPF Red setting. I have noticed the students being amazingly resilient, particularly with their mask wearing and sticking to their set areas.
This is not the way we hoped we would start the school year, but we must stay positive and try to make the most of these different times. Please be assured the teaching staff are working incredibly hard to implement the new procedures and ensure your students have a safe, settled and enjoyable start to the year.
Here is a summary reminder of our key procedures:
· First and foremost, we ask that children and parents stay home if you are unwell.
· Please communicate with the school if you are unsure whether your children need to isolate or not due to contact with a potential case.
· As per the Ministry of Education Guidelines, only New Entrant (Room 10) parents are permitted to bring their children to the Room 10 entrance.
· If you need to go to the school office, we ask that you wear a mask, scan and sign in, following the one in one out ruling.
· Children and teachers in Years 4-8 must wear facemasks when inside.
· All students Years 4-8 travelling on a school bus route must wear a mask.
· Regular hand washing/sanitising will take place at important times of the day.
· We will refocus on our cough and sneeze etiquette.
· Regular cleaning of high touch surfaces will occur.
· We will have a focus on opening doors and windows to allow ventilation throughout the day.
· Students will need to bring their own bottle of water to school.
· Children will have regular mask breaks outside and are not permitted to wear masks when eating or when outside.
· Children will enter through our main entrance in the morning, where they will sanitise their hands.
· Students will then assemble in their team areas if they arrive before the 8.30 am bell. Staff will instruct students where to assemble.
· A bell will be rung in the afternoon at 2.45 pm to indicate to the Piwakawaka students (Rooms 9,10 and 11) to assemble at the entrance for an earlier pick up.
· Siblings of Piwakawaka students can meet at this time also, and the family groups can then make their way home to ease congestion.
· The remaining students will wait for the 3 pm bell.
We will all face challenges over the next few months, and I ask that you look out for your friend’s family/whānau. Take care and together we can get through this.
As you would have seen, Stanley Avenue School has been a hive of business over the Summer Holidays. Room 3 and 4 have been refurbished and are looking outstanding. Along with this, the decking area is complete and will provide a valuable shade area as well as a great outdoor learning space. The Room 9 and 10 refurbishment is to be completed by the end of next week, including break-out spaces and a covered deck area for shade and outdoor learning.
Additionally, we have three toilets being built at the back of Room 10 facing the sandpit, these toilets will also be ready by the end of next week.
We look forward to the beginning of Week 3, when all classes will be in their proper learning areas!
A reminder that navy shorts/skirts/ skorts are required. Black is not a school uniform colour. As per our Sun Smart policy, school-purchased hats are required to be worn in Terms 1 and 4. The uniform room will be open on Wednesday mornings from 8.30- 9.30 am. Please ensure school uniform items are clearly named, this helps significantly if students' uniforms get misplaced. Hats are compulsory from Tuesday 8th February.
Did your child leave their scooter at school last term?
Dental Unit is on site at Te Aroha Primary
Vivienne Genet ATCL, BMus
Studio - 92 Stanley Ave, Te Aroha
text or ph. 02041397984