Hello Foster Families
Dear Foster's Finest,
I wanted to extend a thank you to our entire school community for their help in making our drop-off and dismissal process work. It has been a successful week as a result of people following the procedure, almost without a hitch. I cannot stress enough the importance of following the procedures, especially the following:
- Do not park in the front PARKING area and pick-up your child as a walker. We are merging busses and cars in the loop. Our car loop process is working, and parents are not waiting for an extended period of time for their child. If you want to pick-up in a vehicle, please let us know and we will have your child ready to be picked up.
- Stay in single file. Do not pull out of the loop line to go around cars that are waiting for their child. Your vehicle should remain off until we ask you to turn on your vehicle and move together, once all of the students are in their vehicles.
- Please follow the directions of the crossing guard. Cars exit to the right at the end of the loop. DO NOT IGNORE the directions of the crossing guard and our staff.
It has been a very successful week and I am thankful to have everyone working together to keep our students SAFE. I want to extend a very big thank you to our staff for helping make our first week such a success!
Wishing you all a cooler weekend and a cooler September!
Procedures for Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Drop - Off
1) Pull all the way forward to the end of the loop.
2) Do NOT park on the rainbow crosswalk.
3) Do NOT let children out of the vehicle in the NO DROP-OFF ZONE or the PARKING AREA
4) All vehicles - especially at the crosswalk - will need to turn the engine off until staff has directed you to turn on your vehicle.
5) Please have your children exit the vehicle on the passenger side of the car, not the driver side
6) Once staff have directed you to turn on your car, please exit the loop taking a right onto Downer (only buses are allowed to exit left).
Pick - Up
1) Parents will be given two car tags with their student's last name on the tag. It should go on the passenger side dashboard prior to entering the loop. Car tags will be implemented the week of September 11 forward.
2) Parents should pull forward to the end of the loop and turn their vehicle off.
3) Do NOT park on the rainbow crosswalk.
4) Students will be dismissed to vehicles when engines are off.
5) Please make sure your child can enter the vehicle on the passenger side of the vehicle.
6) Once ALL children are in their vehicles, we will signal to turn on your car and exit the loop taking a right turn onto Downer Avenue.
Caregiver Information Program
Save the date: 1st PTO Meeting, Friday September 22nd 9am Foster Presentation Room.
Join the conversation! Find out what the PTO has planned for this school year and how you can help! We would love to see you. Please bring a friend! RVSP to Missy Sadler via text @ 508-380-1536 or email: email@example.com
Mark your Calendars for future PTO Meetings:
- 11/16 - 7 pm PTO MTG – Foster Library
- 1/9 - 8:30 am PTO MTG – Foster Presentation Room
- 3/13 - 7 pm PTO MTG – Foster Library
- 5/10 - 9 am PTO MTG – Foster Presentation Room
- 6/6 - PTO END OF YEAR THANK YOU 7pm Location TBD
K-3 Lego Club Needs Your Help
K-3 Lego Club is supposed to start in less than 2 weeks but there's two things we are missing before we can start:
Please sign up here & spread the word: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0D49ACA722A7F58-foster#/
There are 3 Large Bins in the front entryway to Foster school. Please drop off any of your old legos you can donate during school hours.
We Still Need Room Parents
Thank you to all who have volunteered so far! We need help in the following classes:
KP, KR, 1B, 2D, 3F, 3G, 4C, 4F, 4P, 5H, 5K
Please email Anna Mancuso if you are interested! firstname.lastname@example.org
GREEN TEAM STARTS Oct. 4th – ONLY 14 SPOTS LEFT
FOSTER’S FINEST 1ST ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT
We are almost sold out! Have you registered yet?
Not golfing on 10/20? You can still help us run the event day logistics! If you’re available to volunteer please email email@example.com
STAY INFORMED FOR ALL THINGS PTO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Foster PTO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100095302822577
@Foster_pto_02043 on Instagram:
Check out our website too: www.fosterpto.com
Important Dates to Remember
September 20 - Curriculum night
- Kindergarten 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Grade Four 6:00-7:00 PM
- Grade One 6:30-7:30 PM
September 27 - Curriculum Night
- Grade 5 5:30-6:30 PM
- 3rd Grade 6:00-7:00 PM
- 2nd Grade 6:30-7:30PM