February 26, 2021
From The Principal
This past week, we have tried to reach every Heights student to ensure he/she along with their family are okay after last week's unimaginable winter storm. Of those we have reached, there are many that are still without water due to broken pipes. HHS will be collecting drinking water for distribution over the next two weeks. We are also seeking donations of facial towelettes, toiletries, wipes, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes for those without water. If you would like to make a donation, you can drop it off Monday - Friday, 8:30 - 5:30 in the front foyer off of 13th street. We will also have staff on campus tomorrow (Saturday) from 10:00 - 2:00 in the parking garage off of 14th street.
From the Counselors:
Course selections for all grade levels will begin on Monday. Counselors will have individual meetings with students on TEAMS during asynchronous instructional time.
If you are the parent of a sophomore or junior and you missed the parent meeting on course selection, you can find the recording on our website.
The freshman course selection parent meeting will be on Monday, March 1st at 5:30. The link will be posted on our website.
Information, Updates, and Action Items for ALL families
Coffee with the Principal: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, Ms. Hampton will host a Coffee with the Principal to explain the expectations and requirements for End of Course STAAR test for the 2020-2021 school year. The meeting will be recorded and posted on our website for those unable to attend.
SAT: The SAT test for students who registered is still scheduled for Wednesday, March 3, 2021. Students should check their email for information. If you have questions please email, Larry Davis at email@example.com
Credit Recovery: Heights High School will begin its next round of credit recovery on March 6. This will be for all students grade 9 - 12 who need to regain credit for the first semester or from a previous year. The sign-up form is on the HUB. If your child failed 3 or more classes they are in danger of retention in the current grade level and being off track to graduate. If you have a senior that did not receive credit for a class first semester, they are not on track to graduate in June without credit recovery. Please ensure they register.
HISD Connect: If you are still unable to access parent-student connect, please contact your grade level administrator for help.
Graduation: Heights High School Graduation will take place on Friday, June 11, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. on Delmar Field, 2020 Mangum Road, Houston, Texas .Recommended social distancing practices will continue. A limited number of tickets will be issued to each graduate. We do not yet know how many. As soon as we do, I will get that information to you.
Cap and Gown: Ordering instructions will be sent to students via their HISD email address along with a link for students who wish to order online. Cap and Gowns may be ordered on campus on February 27 from 10AM - 2PM. The deadline to order without a late fee is March 1st.
Senior Dues Package: Senior dues are $100 and cover the cost of the yearbook, panoramic picture, and senior t-shirt. Due to the recent school closure, you can make payments online through March 5.
Honor Cord Applications: These will be available once transcripts are updated to include the fall semester.
Class Ranks: Official Senior Class ranks will be posted in Naviance on Wednesday March 3, 2021.
SAT- March 3rd. Check email from Mr. Davis, Testing Coordinator
Course Selection meetings for senior year have started. Each student will have a scheduling conference with either Ms. Agness or Ms. Nelson (IB) via TEAMS. The Junior Parent Meeting included important tips for what to do junior year for college. If you missed it, you can view it on the school website under Catch Up on Virtual Meetings—2021-2022 Course Selection Meetings.
The IB Interest meeting for parents has been rescheduled for Tuesday, March 2 at 6:00 p.m. The link will be on our website.
If you missed the course selection meeting for sophomores, please visit the website under Catch Up on Virtual Meetings--2021-2022 Course Selections.
Course Selection: Mrs. Hudson, freshman counselor, will host a Teams meeting on Monday, March 1, at 5:30 to review important scheduling information for our rising sophomores. After that, she will begin scheduling individual student meetings to plan for next year.
College Center News and Information
- March 2- Application Workshop– 11 AM
- March 9- Marvy Finger Scholarship Workshop- @11AM
- March 4- Let’s Get Started: Admissions & Scholarship Presentation- 3PM
Virtual Open Advising Hours:
Friday 11 AM
From the Registrar's Office
- HHS Off-Campus Course Pre-Approval – Work with your Counselor to make sure that you complete this form BEFORE ENROLLING in any courses off campus.
- Statement of Intent: Numeric Grade Conversion in Qualifying Electives – Work with your Counselor to make sure this form is completed, including all required signatures, and submitted for qualifying electives BEFORE Friday, March 12, 2021, for courses taken during Spring 2021 semester.
- Request Verification of Enrollment for DACA – For students who need enrollment verification for DACA documentation.
- Off-Campus Physical Education Equivalent Program (OCPEEP) – Must be submitted, processed and approved by the District Office by June 30, 2021 for 2021-2022 school year.
- HHS Transcript Request – Remember Transcripts are only updated at the conclusion of each semester, after Final Exam grades have been finalized.
- HHS Verification of Enrollment (VOE) – Request VOE for TxDPS, Legal Proceedings, etc.
- Other HHS Registrar Office Services – Address updates, Enrollment forms, Diploma
- Reorder/Pickup, etc.