Davis/Martin Weekly Update
November 30 - December 4
We hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving and restful break. We are back in full swing for the next 3 weeks until Christmas Break. With that being said, there are a lot of upcoming events, so be on the lookout for flyers, remind texts, and facebook updates!
Mid-Quarter reports went home on November 20th. Reading reports will go home in the next day or so, updating you on your child's progress towards meeting their 5 chapter book requirement. Remember that 2nd quarter ends on Friday December 18th.
Mrs. Davis & Mrs. Martin
In MATH & SCIENCE:
- Science: We will be learning about weathering, erosion, and fossils this week.
- Math: We are working Multiplication and Division with Fractions.
- We will continue to work on our individualized math program on Khan Academy and Front Row Math. Students are allowed to work on it at home.
- The students are improving their multiplication fluency by working on Math Facts Pro. Practicing Math Facts Pro is now part of the students' homework,multiplication logs are due on Monday.
- Weekly Reading Log: 20 minutes of reading, 5 nights per week, DUE MONDAYS (this is averaged into your child's reading grade)
- Weekly Vocabulary Page: This will go home every Tuesday, and needs to be completed and returned every Wednesday
- Weekly Multiplication Log: Math Facts Pro two times each night, 5 nights per week. These logs are also DUE MONDAY (this is averaged into your child's math grade)
- Students will most always have math homework every night through the week, Fridays and weekends off.
- UHI is participating in a canned food drive, which runs from Dec. 1 - 9. Food items to be donated are: green beans, corn, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese. Packaged toys may also be donated.