News from the Nest
WKMS Newsletter - September Issue
- Aug 31 - First Day of School!
- Sep 2 - Track B students report to school
- Sep 3 - Volleyball Scrimmage vs. Batesburg-Leesville @ WKMS 5:30pm
- Sep 4 - Virtual Learning Day (NO in-person school)
- Sep 7 - Labor Day (No School)
- Sep 9 - Volleyball Game vs. Sandhills @ Swansea HS
- Sep 11 - Internet Safety Workshop for Parents via Zoom @ 1:00pm
- Sep 11 - Virtual Learning Day (No in-person school)
- Sep 13 - Grandparents Day!
- Sep 15 - Volleyball Game vs. Pelion @ WKMS 5:30pm
- Sep 18 - E-Learning Practice Day
- Sep 22 - Volleyball Game vs. PHMS @ PHMS 5:30pm
- Sep 23 - Football Scrimmage vs. Lexington @ WKMS 5:00pm
- Sep 25 - E-Learning Practice Day
- Sep 29 - Volleyball Game vs. CSMS @ WKMS 5:30pm
- Sep 30 - Football Game vs. Beechwood @ LHS 5:30pm
2020-2021 Bell Schedules
Welcome Mr. Hardie!
Mr. Hardie has a wonderful wife, Suzy, and daughter, Joy. Suzy is a Professor at the University of South Carolina's College of Education and Joy is a middle schooler who enjoys ballet and ice skating in her free time. Mr. Hardie can be seen throughout the building "quacking" like a duck and getting to know his student family. He is a die-hard Gamecock fan and an excellent addition to our War Hawk family. WELCOME, MR. HARDIE!
Food and Drink!
Lunch choices will be made each morning by completing a digital form and meals will be delivered to classrooms for students to eat. Don't forget to complete the form each morning. Our lunch time is 12:38 - 1:18pm this year and all grade levels will eat at the same time.
Water fountains are closed due to COVID and safety precautions. Please have your child bring a clear plastic water bottle (already filled) each day to stay hydrated.
- Wear a mask that covers your nose & mouth (anyone entering WKMS is required to do so)
- Wash your hands OFTEN (a minimum of 20 seconds each time)
- Hand sanitize as you enter and exit a room
- Remain 6 feet apart at ALL TIMES. (This is the challenging one, but VERY necessary)
- Refrain from touching your face/mask.
How Do We Contact You?
WKMS Family Hub
Thank you Coaches!
Joe Albino - Head Coach
Tyler Richardson - Assistant Coach
James Redmond - Assistant Coach
Adam Powalie - Assistant Coach
Dell Lever - Assistant Coach
Jordan Webster - Head Coach
Corrine Hash - Assistant Coach
Wendy Nance - Head Coach
Serena Olivi - Assistant Coach
Get Your WKMS Gear Here!
OUR SHOP DETAILS
- Shop Now: https://www.bsnteamsports.com/shop/MSWK20
- Store Open From: September 1 - September 15, 2020
White Knoll Remembers 9/11
Read All About It!
To those that serve our country each day, thank you for all you do and the sacrifices you make.
Lexington County School District One is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all students, parents/legal guardians, staff, visitors, personnel and community members who participate or seek to participate in its programs or activities. Therefore, the district does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or any related medical conditions), color, disability, age, genetic information, national origin, or any other applicable status protected by local, state, or federal law. The district will use the grievance procedures set forth in policy to process complaints based on alleged violations of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; the Equal Pay Act of 1963; the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008; and Titles I and II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The district designates specific individuals to handle inquiries or complaints. To find out who to contact and how to contact them, please go to our website at http://www.lexington1.net/contact-us.
En Espanol: El Distrito Escolar del Condado de Lexington Uno, esta comprometido a una
política de no discriminación e igual oportunidad para todos los estudiantes, padres/tutores legales, personal, visitantes, y miembros de la comunidad que participan o desean participar en sus programas o actividades. De ahí, que el distrito no discrimina en contra de ningún individuo en base a raza, religión, sexo (incluyendo preñez, parto o cualquier condición médica relacionada), color, incapacidad, edad, información genética, nacionalidad, u otro estado aplicable protegido por la ley local, estatal o federal. El distrito usara el procedimiento de quejas establecido en el reglamento para procesar quejas basadas en supuestas violaciones al Titulo VI del Acta de Derechos Civiles de 1964; Titulo VII del Acta de Derechos Civiles de 1964; Titulo IX del Acta de Enmiendas Educativas de 1972; Sección 504 del Acta de Rehabilitación de 1973; El Acta de Discriminación por Edad de 1975; El Acta de Discriminación en el Empleo por Edad de 1967; El Acta de Igualdad Salarial de 1963; El Acta de No Discriminación por Información Genética de 2008; y Títulos I y II del Acta de Americanos con Incapacidades de 1990.
El distrito designa individuos específicos para atender preguntas y quejas. Para saber a quien y como comunicarse con ellos, por favor visite nuestra pagina de Internet: http://www.lexington1.net/contact-us.