BAMS Staff Newsletter
March 23, 2015 - Volume 2, Issue 26
It's a Great Day to Be Great!
Bessie Allen Middle School - SLO & Goals
By June of 2015, 80% of students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade will show growth in their opinion writing sample rubric score from the September 2014 writing benchmark based on the school developed writing rubric (adapted from the Smarter Balanced writing rubric).
Goal Update: Here are the results from our mid-year assessment
6th Grade - 61% of students showed growth; overall achievement increased 14%
7th Grade - 69% of students showed growth; overall achievement increased 12%
8th Grade - 57% of students showed growth; overall achievement increased 3%
School wide - 62% of students showed growth
DPI School of Recognition
PBIS School of Merit
Routinely Take Literacy Risks
Be a CEO
Driving Question for 2014-2015:
What have we changed with our instruction to prepare our students for the Badger Exam assessment (and other higher level thinking opportunities)?
Goals for SSR and SSW
- Provide a time for every student in our building to read and write.
- Ensure this time is a positive part of our students' day.
News and Notes
- Please let me know about any cleaning or maintenance projects that could be done over break. There will be custodial staff working during Spring Break and there might be an opportunity for these projects to get done.
- The next Staff Newsletter will be sent out on April 5th.
- Please let me know if you are interested in teaching the BAMS summer school remediation course this summer. This class is for students in our building that fail a core subject area class during the school year. I will open this opportunity up to the rest of the district if I don't hear from anyone from our building.
Out of the Office
- March 23rd - 1:45-2:35pm - Honor's Study Hall
- March 23rd - 9-11am - Admin Team Meeting - DMR
- March 25th - 8:30am - BAMS BCT Meeting - The Crib
Oriole Way - Be Ready, Be Respectful, Be Safe
- At the last meeting, the Oriole Way Team discussed the end of the year celebration and using a new form for tracking meeting minutes and notes.
- If you need behavioral data for a student, please contact an Oriole Way Team member.
- NEXT Meeting - April 15th, 7am
OASYS and Teacher Effectiveness
- 2 Classroom Visits - Due by May 1st *These visits will be represented in your documentation log.
- Documentation Log - Due by May 1st
- End of Year Conferences for Year 3/New Educators - Due by May 31st
Click Here for a link to Teacher Effectiveness Info from CESA 6
Click Here for a Teacher Effectiveness Calendar for EDUCATORS/SPECIALISTS
Dates to Remember
March 23rd - NFDL School Board Meeting, 7pm in DMR
March 25th - 7th Grade Badger Exam practice with students, SSR/SSW
March 25th - Staff Meeting 2:50-3:30pm
March 26th - 6th Grade Badger Exam practice with students, SSR/SSW
March 26th - Oriole Leaders Meeting 10:40-11:40am
March 27th - BAMS Medal of Excellence Names to Jennifer
March 27th - End of 3rd Quarter
March 30th - 3rd Quarter Grades Due 7am
March 30th - April 3rd - Spring Break
*See Google Doc titled "2014-2015 BAMS Yearly Calendar" for a look at events for the entire year.
Staff Meeting Agenda
Staff Meeting: March 25th - 2:50-3:30pm - DMR
Badger Exam Latest - Schedule, Info, Other
News and Notes
Next Meeting: April 10th - 12:50-1:15pm - DMR
Parent Link Messages
We use a system called Parent Link to send mass messages to families. Please let me know if you need anything communicated.
Messages sent this week:
- Badger Exam Info and Timeline - sent March 24th