The Testing Coordinator Connection
Upcoming Deadlines & Important Dates
January 10th - 14th
- Districts Receive Test Administrator Manuals
- District Delivery of Initial Order Test Materials for Spring TELPAS Alternate
January 10th - April 15th
- Interim Assessments Administration Window 3 opens on January 10, 2022 for grades 3–8 reading, Spanish grades 3–5 reading, grades 3–8 mathematics, Spanish grades 3–5 mathematics, Algebra I, English I, and English II
- Note: The English I and English II assessments available in the Test Delivery System (TDS) will be the same tests that were available during administration window 1. New versions of English I and English II interim assessments will be available to administer beginning on February 7, 2022.
- TEA recommends February for Window 3 tests for the most accurate prediction of STAAR performance.
- TELPAS and TELPAS Alternate Spring Updates TETN
- Register HERE
January 17th - February 4th
- Window for Districts to Submit OOS and OOD Test Sites via the Test Site Registration Form
January 18th - 27th
- Window for Districts to Submit Registrations for OOD and OOS Examinees Taking an EOC
January 18th - 31st
- Districts Submit Student Registration and Test Attributes in TIDE for April STAAR EOCs
- Note: The number of students registered in TIDE at the end of this window will be used to determine quantities of paper test materials delivered in a district's shipment.
- Student Retester Information Posted in TIDE for April & May STAAR EOCs
January 19th - 26th
- Second/Final Window for Districts to Resolve Student Information and Test Discrepancies for the December 2021 STAAR EOC Administration.
- NOTE: Any updates made after the second window will be included in scheduled monthly updates and will not be reflected in reports used for accountability.
January 24th - February 11th
- Window for districts to order additional paper test materials for TELPAS.
- Districts will use the specific paper administration drop down in TIDE to order additional materials.
- All students need to be uploaded into TIDE for the Stand-Alone Field Test.
- Note: No paper test booklets, answer documents, or other materials will be sent to LEAs.
- Due date for confirming April STAAR EOC paper test material quantities and shipping addresses in TIDE
To be eligible for the spring 2022 administration of the Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS), districts must set the Emergent Bilingual Indicator Code to “1 - Identified as Emergent Bilingual (EB)/English learner (EL)”.
- On Friday, January 7, 2022, Cambium will have the TELPAS Reading Test Format and TELPAS Listening & Speaking Test Format fields set to “O-Online” for all students registered in TIDE. Setting the test format does not make a student eligible for TELPAS.
- For students who are marked eligible for TELPAS and need a paper test for a reading or holistic listening and speaking test, districts should submit a Special Administration Request form through TIDE under Administration and Security Forms.
To improve the accessibility of email communications and continue to provide educators with necessary and helpful information, TEA Student Assessment Division posts broadcast emails sent to district testing coordinators.
The following training opportunities are now available in the Learning Management System:
- Answer Document Training (PowerPoint and recorded presentation)
- Accessing Summative Assessment Reports (recorded presentation)
Remote and In-Person STAAR Data
Upload Additional Student Fields
Beginning December 3, 2021, the Upload Additional Student Fields file in TIDE will include more student demographic fields. This will help users to update specific fields for students and not have to use the student registration file upload where all fields must be populated.
The Upload Additional Student Fields file now includes all the fields below:
Resources and information needed to prepare for and administer the Texas Assessment Program.
The District and Campus Coordinator Resources, a collection of webpages, is prepared for its initial publishing at the beginning of each school year. For the 2021–2022 school year, additional updates are planned in the fall and again in the spring.
This feature allows users to view, analyze, and download assessment summary reports. Users can disaggregate and filter data and download reports in a PDF or CSV format.