Soledad Unified School District
April 14, 2022
STUDENTS OF THE MONTH
Main Street Middle School
Soledad High School
Soledad Adult School
EMPLOYEES OF THE MONTH
Fidel Aguilar - Rose Ferrero Elementary - Custodian
Rebecca Siguenza, Teacher at Rose Ferrero Elementary
For All of the Employees of the Month for March 2022, click on the PDF below!
Congratulations to our Great Employees!
Board Members' Reports
- Congratulated Employees of the Month
- Congratulated Students of the Month
- Their participation in the Virtual Academy Awards Ceremony and congratulated the students and thanked teachers/parents involvement.
- Attended the My Story Project youth support conference hosted by Monterey County. Thanked everyone who was involved in the event and for sharing their stories.
- Thanked Mrs. Zieber, Music Teacher at Main Street for extending an invitation on the "Mrs. Claus Interviews" Play.
- Gave a shout out to elementary teachers during parent conferences. it is a tough time and stressful.
- Invited all teachers, board members and community to come out and watch our students participate in the Little League games. We want our students to not only be academically challenged but also physically challenged. They learn to win and lose.
- Recognized the Soledad Youth Council for providing a voice for our youth in our community.
- Recognized all Classified Employees and a special recognition to the Food Service Team for their dedication.
- Participation on CSBA's Legislative Week where Board members met with local legislators representing Monterey County and discussing education issues affecting everyone.
- Jimmy Panetta Visit - at Soledad High School and recognizing our Soledad High School NJROTC team. They are in the top 5 in the Nation.
- Kudos to Nadia Manzano was accepted to the Naval Academy. Congratulations Nadia!
- April is Child Abuse Prevention Month, Adult Education Week, and Autism Awareness Month
- Participation in the LCAP Advisory Committee
- Meeting with Congresswoman Lofgren, who will be representing our area.
- Blue Zones Celebration at Main Street. Main Street was the first Blue Zones school in Monterey County. Congratulations!
- Thanked the STA negotiation team members and your professionalism
- Monterey Food Bank was at Jack Franscioni School distributing meals to our families.
Mr. Bangs reported on the following:
- Vaccination Clinics continue
- Friday, April 15th there will be no school - offices will be open.
- Wished everyone restful and rejuvenating spring break
- Elementary Parent/Teacher Conferences ended and reports will be on the May 11th Board agenda
- April 27 there will a special virtual board meeting.
- Virtual Academy Visit will be taking place next week. Thank you to staff for their support on this process.
- Student and Staff recognition and the PowerPoint can be found in the here
- Rose Ferrero Elementary Report given by Principal, Tommy Frank, and can be found here
- Social Emotional Services Presentation given by Director, Angela Ehrlich and can be found here
- 2022/2023 Planning update given by Superintendent, Randy Bangs, and can be found here
- Teacher-Staff Housing Update given by Consult Bruce Dorfman and can be found here
- 2022/2023 School Calendar
- Resolution No. 4-01-22 - Declaring May 1-7, 2022 as National Teacher Appreciation Week. You can view it here
- Resolution No. 4-02-22 - Declaring May 15-21, 2022 as Classified School Employee Week. You can view it here
- Resolution No. 4-03-22 - Proclaiming April 18-24, 2022 as Adult Education Week and you can view it here
Irma is using Smore to create beautiful newsletters