November 11, 2022
Thankful for Our Veterans
On Thursday evening, our choir performed their Veterans Day program, honoring our community members who have served in the military. We have much to be thankful for. In last week's newsletter, we shared our gratitude for our students, families, and staff. This week, I'd like to take a few minutes to say how thankful we are for our veterans and those actively serving in the military. There are so many freedoms that are taken for granted today. In our recent elections, we had the right to vote for who we wanted to represent us in our government. I'm proud to say that we live in a country where we are able to have a voice. Our freedoms of speech, religion, press, and more are rights that would not be possible without our veterans and active servicemen and servicewomen. To those who have served or are currently serving, thank you. We owe you more than we realize and appreciate you more than words can say.
Big Kahuna Order Pick Up - Monday 4:00-6:00 pm
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 449
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-October: 94.6% (1,359 absences)
Average Daily Attendance by Month:
- August: 96.4% (250 absences)
- September: 94.5% (534 absences)
- October: 93.0 (575 absences)
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 11/7-11/10: 90.8% (164 absences)
***As a reminder, if your child is absent, be sure to send in a note within 48 hours or email LESAttendance@misd.org***
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate for the Week of 11/7-11/10:
- Mrs. Moore's Class: 97.4%
- Mrs. Lehmann's Class: 96.4%
- Mrs. Hensley's Class: 96.0%
Positive Office Referrals: 5
Make a Note
Please read below for important information:
- If your child participated in our Big Kahuna fundraiser, please make arrangements to pick up the sold items on Monday from 4:00-6:00 in our gym.
- MISD schools will be closed the week of Thanksgiving, 11/21-11/25. Students and staff return Monday, 11/28.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- WatchDOGS - Click this link for more information, the program presentation from the district, the background form, and the registration form.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
Staff Shout Outs
Monday, Nov. 14
- Big Kahuna Product Delivery 4:00-6:00 pm (gym)
Tuesday, Nov. 15
- Scoliosis Screening (5th Grade Girls)
- 3rd & 5th ELA Benchmark
Wednesday, Nov. 16
- National Educational Support Professionals Day
Thursday, Nov. 17
Friday, Nov. 18
- Kindergarten - First Thanksgiving Feast
- Wear spirit wear.
- 11/21-11/25 - Thanksgiving Break
- 11/30 - Principal Safety Committee Meeting @ 9:00 a.m.
- 11/30 - Campus Advisory Committee @ 4:15 pm
- 12/1 - Family STEAM Night
- 12/2 - PTO Meeting @ 9:00 a.m.
- 12/2 - PAWSitivity Cart
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700