who was the inventor?
how does the invention work?
- A horse drawn mechanical machine used for harvesting grain or other crops. Made to cut down wheat much more quickly and much better.
what is the purpose of the invention?
- The purpose of the mechanical reaper was to harvest crops. Before his invention, farmers harvested with cradle scythes and a skilled worker could harvest at most 2 or 3 acres (0.8 to 1.2 hectares) per day.
where did the invention occor?
- Rockbridge County, Virginia.
when did the inventor occur?
- In 1831
why was there a need for this invention?
- to make it easier and faster to harvest crops
why is the invention important in history?
- It was very important to the people because it could harvest more crops than they usualy could.