SEES Weekly Bulletin
January 11 - 15
Happy New Year!
Monday, 1/11 No Student Day, Staff Professional Development (see below for schedule)
Tuesday, 1/12 Please check the NEW DUTY SCHEDULE: https://sites.google.com/a/smusd.org/san-elijo-staff/schedules/duty-schedule
Wednesday, 1/13 Early Release Day, Grade Level Collaboration
Thursday, 1/14 Instructional Services Walk-through
Monday, 1/18 Martin Luther King Jr. Day - No School
Tuesday, 1/19 1st Grade Math Professional Development Meeting, 8:30 - 3pm LCM
Tuesday, 1/19 4th Grade Cabrillo Field Trip, Hogan & Faulkner 8:30 - 2
Tuesday, 1/19 On Site Ed Tech Help with Laura Sugano 11 - 1:30
Wednesday, 1/20 4th Grade Cabrillo Field Trip, Helms & Vega 8:30 - 2
Wednesday, 1/20 Early Release Day, Grade Level Collaboration
Thursday, 1/21 4th Grade Cabrillo Field Trip, P/W & Cochran 8:30 - 2
Friday, 1/22 4th Grade Cabrillo Field Trip, Gauthier & Russo 8:30 - 2
Saturday, 1/23 Father Daughter Dance 5pm - 8pm
January 11th Professional Development Day Schedule
Elementary Session Schedule
Check in: 8:00 - 8:15
Session 1: 8:15 - 9:45
Session 2: 10:00 - 11:30
Lunch: 11:30 - 12:30
Illuminate Training (back at site): 12:30 - 2:00
Planning Time 2:00- 3:00
New Duty Schedule
Use this link to print:
Prepare for Rainy Day Dismissal
Kindergarten families will walk directly to the classroom if it is raining during dismissal time.
Students in grades 1-5 need to know if their parents will drive up or walk to the classroom for pick up.
- We will open gates at 3:00pm for parents to walk onto campus and pick their child up directly from the classroom. Parents need to be prepared to give student name and teacher name to enter our campus.
- Drive up parents need to be prepared with their child's name, grade and teacher on a piece of paper. This expedites our pick process. Students being picked up at drive up will wait in the cafeteria.
- Any and all help with rainy day dismissal is SO appreciated.
Chromebook cart reservation for January
This system seems to have defaulted to our ongoing system.....please do your part and make sure when you return the carts that all chromebooks are in their proper place, plugged in and charging. Let Kathy or Laurie know if there are issues please.
3rd - 5th Grades https://docs.google.com/a/smusd.org/spreadsheets/d/1vX_lCsvsACrBhzJzdElqopwn8FE7Y9wIT6GyP1F_-Yo/edit?usp=sharing
K - 2nd Grades
Awesome Search Engine for Kids...powered by Google
New Character Trait for January
The Golden Rule
“I will treat others as I want to be treated”
7 Habits: Seek First to Understand and then be Understood
Week 1 Question of the Week:
How can I be respectful to all adults at our school?
Week 2 Question of the Week:
How can I be respectful in the bathrooms and in the hallways?
Week 3 Question of the Week:
How can I be respectful before the bell rings in the morning and after the bell rings in the afternoon?
The Golden Rule for Kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd7p029AGwI
Storyline Online: Enemy Pie www.storylineonline.net/enemy-pie/
The Golden Rule VBS
Golden Rule – song
- Do Unto Otters: A Book About Manners by Laurie Keller
- Officer Buckle and Gloria by Peggy Rathmann
- Boggin, Blizzy, and Sleeter the Cheater: a Book About Fairness by Michael P. Waite
- The Mysteries of Harris Burdick by Chris Allsburg
- Bonny Bunny and the Golden Rule by Julia Andrew Griffin