Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
Week of: December 15-19, 2014
- HELP NEEDED: Your help is needed with our stocking project today (12/15) from 10:45-11:45 and Thursday (12/18) from 2:40-3:30. I also need help with a more top secret project, if you can spare a few minutes- please let me know, thanks!
- Blog posts and comments will be due on Fri., Dec. 19th.
- 15&5 journals should be completed each night M-F.
- 15&5 entries and blog posts will be considered optional over break. However, I very much hope that your child will find/make time daily to read. :)
- IF you have not yet signed and returned your child's report card envelope, please do so. We recycle them and use them for spring report cards.
- Everyone in our class completed an "Hour of Code" this week, more than one actually! I am so proud of all the kids, they worked hard, persevered, problem solved, and helped one another write some challenging code! Even President Obama got in on the action, as we wrote a line of code using the Java Script program (see video). I hope our class continues to work on their coding skills, there are many resources available for them to use at home.
- Our field trip to visit Mr. Frakes' father's studio was awesome! The kids got to learn about silk screening and see some really cool sculptures. We even received some delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and cider!
- We will not take a spelling test this week. New Words will be sent home this week, test on Friday, January 9th.
- Our Winter Holiday Party will be held on Friday, Dec. 19th from 1:15-2:15. If you would like to donate items for or help with our party, please contact Sheri Rieth @(313) 657-2885.
- Things to ask your child about: Hour of Code, our blog, "The Tiger Rising", Mystery Skype
President Obama does the Hour of Code