by: Brinda S., Emily W., Amber C., and Elizabeth W.
About The Company
- There are 59.8 million shares outstanding at this moment.
- Over 5 years, Reebok averaged a 6.36% growth rate in revenue.
- The income growth rate over 5 years is 22.6%.
- Reebok usually takes in about 2-4 billion dollars a year.
- Reebok has thousands upon thousand products worldwide.
- These products are mostly made in China, Vietnam, and Indonesia.
- Some products include shoes, tops, bottoms, headbands, water bottles, athletic equipment, hoodies, jackets, and so much more specified for certain weather, sports, or type of body shape.
- Jay Z- musician
- Scarlett Johansson- actress
- Peyton Manning- NFL player
- Eli Manning- NFL player
- John Wall- NBA player
- Sidney Crosby- NHL player
- Greg Norman- professional golfer
A Section of the Reebok Code of Conduct
Some people believe that Reebok is a trustworthy company with a hefty load of credibility. Well who WOULDN'T believe that with this kind of code of conduct?
- Non-discrimination policy.
- Judgement based only on ability.
- Fair wages- will not pay less than the minimum wage.
- Freedom of Association- workers are able to join organizations of their own choosing.
- Safe and Healthy Environment- do not expose workers to hazardous conditions.
The Truth- Labor Conditions
It many seem like Reebok is a good company, successful and thriving, but they do a pretty good job at hiding the truth. They have over 75,000 employees, or should I say slaves. These facts below are just a short description of what a day in the life of a sweatshop worker for Reebok is like.
- Spouses of workers rarely see each other, and have to leave the children behind.
- Workers are paid lower than the local minimum wage.
- People often work overtime- an average of 86 hours of overtime each month.
- They work in hot temperatures, toxic fumes, drink unsafe water, and have filthy bathrooms.
- Reebok does not hire males because they believe women are easier to manage.
- Female workers experience sexual harassment from supervisors, but are not allowed to tell anybody for the sake of their jobs.
- Director of Marketing= $118,333
- Design Manager= $125,160
- Footwear Designer= $67,614
- Brand Manager=$87,733
- Financial Analyst=$52,545
Think About It!
Watch this Video!
What can you do?
- Create a petition and send it to the company.
- Send an email.
- Write a letter, stating your displeasure.
- Start a protest.
- Don't buy Reebok products.