ESS Weekly Family Update
Week ending 4/29/2022
Update from Mrs. Weber
The first week of SBAC testing in Grade 3 was very successful. Thank you to our staff and students for working so hard all week long.
The weather continues to be quite windy and chilly at recess-when children are wearing shorts and shirt sleeves they are often complaining how cold they are. Please be sure they are dressed accordingly.
I look forward to celebrating Staff Appreciation week next week. PTO and myself will be providing something different for all staff everyday. Be sure to return the teacher page that was sent home a few weeks ago so we can hang them up. The staff here at ESS is simply amazing and I am so lucky to be part of it. Thank you also to the students and families for making ESS the special place that it is.
If you have plans to move before the start of the new school year, please email Mrs. Quinlan (email@example.com) This helps us in making class lists. The staff and I devote much time and thought when placing your child in a class. Parental requests for specific teacher placements will not be considered; however, if there are any special circumstances or consideration regarding class placement, please notify me via email.
Anonymous Parent Survey-if you haven't done so already, please use this link to fill it out-it will remain open until 5/17/22
Please scroll all the way down to see the dates for all the upcoming events. I am so excited to have so many fun events planned through June.
Have a nice weekend-Mrs. Weber
Final Chance for Titlewish DOnations this year
Please support our Elizabeth Shelton School Library! Our first two Titlewish programs were very successful and we will start our final Titlewish for the year on April 25th. This Titlewish will end on June 20th, 2022. Our goal is to raise $1,000, and the money will be used to purchase books for our ESS Library Media Center.
How Do I Donate:
You can simply donate a dollar amount here, and I will select a book: https://www.titlewish.com/1094490
You may choose a specific book from our wish list. Here’s how:
Click on the link to see the books we currently would like to purchase for our school library collection http://elizabethshelton.sheltonpublicschools.org/titlewish
Donate the amount indicated for the book(s) that you choose here: https://www.titlewish.com/1094490
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the book(s) you have funded through Titlewish.
Thank you for your support with Titlewish. It is a great way to honor your child and their name will be placed inside the book in honor of your donation!
Library Media Specialistkbush@sheltonpublicschools.org
ESS PTO Happenings
Order your ESS yearbook today! Go to https://buytheyearbook. pictavo.com to make your purchase or upload pictures for the yearbook.
Have a business? Fill out this form so we can create an ESS Family Business directory:
Please fill out this survey for PTO if you own your own business- we want to support our own!
ESS Night at Quassy-see below for more information and how to sign up!
Dates to Know
- May 1-Principal Appreciation Day
- May 2-6-Staff Appreciation Week
- May 3-Teacher Appreciation Day
- May 4-Dress like a teacher day
- May 4-Grade 2 Field Trip-Downtown Cabaret
- May 5-6-Plant Sale-see schedule below-volunteers needed-contact Mrs.Ulbrickemail@example.com
- May 11- Scientist Day-hear all about different famous scientists today
- May 16&17-K Field Trip-Ansonia Nature Center
- May 17-Grade 4 Virtual Field Trip
- May 18-Hat Day
- May 20-Grade 3 Virtual Field Trip
- May 23-27-Book Fair-volunteers needed-contact Mrs. Ulbrickfirstname.lastname@example.org
- May 26-4:00-6:00-Book Fair Open-Parent/Child Shopping Night
- June 3-PTO Family Picnic-more info to come, Cultural Events-BMX Bike Riders
- June 8-4th grade visits Perry Hill-9:30-12:00
- June 10-Grade 1 Field Trip-Milford Audubon
- June 16-K-4 Music Concert and K Celebration Day-more info to come
- June 17-Field Day-more info to come
- June 21-4th grade celebration day-more info to come
- June 20-June 23-Early Dismissal Days
- June 23-last day of school