Volume 3 Issue 4 Oct 2, 2020
1. Students who are learning remotely tend to have less academic success across the board.
2. Teachers are doing the job of nearly two teachers in a normal year.
3. Covid numbers in most areas are lower than expected (at least in the areas choosing to eliminate remote learning).
When I hear others citing these issues, I tend to believe they are universal as we continue to get feedback from parents, teachers and students. I see these struggles in a large number of students in our remote learning environment here at WHS and I feel we are better able to support these students in a face-to-face setting. For that reason, we are encouraging all students to return to face-to-face learning for the 2nd nine week period unless the student has a health condition that puts them at higher risk. I want to be clear that we will not force anyone to come back to face-to-face at this time as we are still offering remote learning. We just feel that most students are best served face-to-face.
Please feel free to call us and visit more with any concerns or questions you may have.
Football Game Student Section Lottery
- Face coverings are required at all times while in the stadium
- Students will only be able to stand/sit on non-blue tape areas in the M section
- We will only sell tickets electronically and they will all be in digital format
- Students who are selected by the lottery will be notified and given a pass to sit in the student section (instructions will be emailed after the lottery on Wednesday)
Progress Reports Posted in Skyward Yesterday 10/1/2020
For the 20-21 school year, a physical copy of progress reports & report cards will not be sent home with WHS students. Instead, you will access these through Skyward Family Access. Read below for instructions on how to access your most recent progress report or report card.
Progress Report 2: 8/19/2020 - 9/25/2020 (Grades are a snapshot from 9/25/2020)
Instructions to View Report Card:
If you have more than one student in the district, select a student.
Select the Portfolio tab. Click 2nd Progress Report.
A message to open or save the document will display depending on your internet browser
If you need assistance accessing your students report, do not reply to email, instead contact our front office @ 903-839-5551.
Thank You Custodians!!
CONGRATULATIONS September Staff of the Month
Jared Freeman - Special Ed Teacher
Amanda Twedt - Ag Teacher
CONGRATULATIONS September Students of the Month
10th Grade - Quinton Newell
11th Grade - Edina Reyna
12th Grade - Isabella Sherwood
Staff Birthdays - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Susan Jenkins - October 4
Jenny Foster - October 7
Cassie Evans - October 9
Penny Spellman - October 17
Ellen Dixon - October 17