From Your Principal
October 23, 2021
It is almost Halloween! Halloween parties will be on the morning of Oct. 29.
Below are details/expectations:
- Halloween will only be discussed, celebrated, etc during the party (not leading up to or after the party)
- We will have a parade and a simple party (healthy snack, treat, craft)
- The parade will start at 8:45 - the weather looks great this year, so we are going to parade around the blacktop behind the school. Parents are welcome to go grab a seat for the parade before student drop-off.
- Parties will be held in classrooms immediately after the parade and will conclude by 10:00 am
- We ask that immediate family only attend the parade and festivities. Families members can stay for the party but if it gets too crowded teachers may need to ask families to leave. Stott is not a very large building and crowds are less than ideal with COVID concerns.
- Families should not come in costume if it covers the face for safety reasons.
Student Costume Expectations:
- Students should come to school in costume, as there will not be time to change before the parade/parties. All students must change out of their costumes after the party is over.
- Costumes should limit the amount of blood and gore.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed as part of the costume
- Make-up and colored hair should also be kept to a minimum. Any make-up must be washed off after the party.
- Costumes must be appropriate for school. Inappropriate or demeaning costumes will not be allowed.
For our families that do not celebrate Halloween, we ask that you come to school at 10:00 when parties have concluded. The rest of the day will be a regular school day, with lots of learning happening.
From Mrs. Watkins in the Library
Hello, Stott Families. Below you will find a link to a letter with our Digital Citizenship Resources for the month. The letter tells you about our Digital Citizenship curriculum for the month and will give you some good discussion points to go over with your child.
Questions About Covid Guidelines?
Recognize Your Child's Birthday on our new Electronic Sign
At this time, it is too late to add any more birthdays for November, but we are still accepting forms and payments for birthdays happening in December or later. If your child has a birthday coming up that you would like to have displayed on the marquee, please fill out this form and send $10 to school in an envelope with your child's name and what it's for on the outside of the envelope.
At-Home Symptom Screening Tool
Please Consider Joining the Stott PTSA
Upcoming Important Dates
October 29 - Halloween Parties
November 15-30 - PTSA Read-a-Thon
November 16 - Accountability and PTSA meetings
November 19- Report Cards Come Home
November 22-26 - Thanksgiving Break - No School