The Blazer Buzz
Catch what's going on at the Daniel Boone Area Middle School
APRIL 12 - APRIL 23
PSSA TESTING IS SET
ELA: April 20, 21, and 22
Math: April 27 and 28
Science: April 29 and 30 (8th Grade only)
Students will be taking one assessment each morning starting at 8:00 AM. Thank you in advance for your assistance by ensuring our students are well rested and arrive on time for the day.
Please note: students are not permitted to have cell phones, cameras, or any other electronic device in their possession during the administration of the test. We want to inform you of this policy in advance and encourage students to leave these items in lockers or at home on assessment days. Student iPads should still be brought to school and will be stored in lockers.
A special room will be designated for our virtual students who would like to take their assessments. Parents/Guardians can notify the office of your intent to bring your student to school on the assessment days.
KIDS OF PROMISE (KOP)
For more information on this important group, please contact you school counselor.
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FROM THE NURSE'S OFFICE
1) All students attending classes in the school building must complete the school pass app health screening prior to entering the school at 7:30. This is mandatory for everyone, all staff and students. This is just one more measure currently being implemented to prevent the spread of COVID from the community into the school. If you need help to set up the app please contact email@example.com in the technology department.
2) Please encourage your child to bring a water bottle to school. Hydration is important to everyone's health. Students can safely drink from a water bottle by raising their mask from their chin to drink and keeping their mouth and nose covered by a mask
FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH FOR ALL STUDENTS
April 23: Early Dismissal - Asynchronous Learning in PM for students
April 26-27 - PSSA Testing (Math)
April 29-30: PSSA Testing (Science - 8th Grade only)
THE BLAZER SPOTLIGHT - GETTING TO KNOW THE STAFF OF THE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Position: Building Principal
Years at Daniel Boone: 21 years
The best part of my job is: being able to have a relationship with everyone at the middle school
When I am not at school, you will probably find me: Reading, cooking, or eating
What profession, other than your own, would you want to do if you could? I would like to be a writer for Vogue Magazine. I always wanted to be a writer and I love fashion.
During the pandemic, I learned: How to use a lot of technology!
Three things you might be surprised to know about me:
1) I love to sing in the car
2) I have lived in Berks County my entire life. I even went to school here for all of my degrees
3) I love old 80's video games: Donkey Kong, Burger Time, Pac-Mac, Frogger...
Spring Sports are underway. The practice schedules are:
Baseball and Softball: Monday - Friday at 2:45 at the Middle School
Track: Monday - Friday at the High School. Students should take the transfer bus #70 from the middle school to the high school
Tuesday, April 13 v. Conrad Weiser (4:00)
Thursday, April 15 v. Gov. Mifflin (4:00)
Friday, April 16 v. Exeter (4:00)
Thursday, April 22 @ Muhlenberg (4:00) Depart 2:45
Tuesday, April 13 @ Exeter (4:00) Depart 2:30
Thursday, April 15 @ Wilson West (4:00) Depart 2:30
Friday, April 16 v. Conrad Weiser (4:00)
Tuesday, April 20 v. Muhlenberg (4:00)
Wednesday, April 14 v. Governor Mifflin (3:45)