The Blazer Buzz
Catch what's going on at the Daniel Boone Area Middle School
JANUARY 18 - JANUARY 31
CELEBRATING DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.
THE BOONE TRIBUNE SCHOOL NEWSPAPER
Are you interested in what is happening around you? Are you interested in current events, sports, your school, or drawing cartoons? Do you like to argue? Do you like to ask questions, and when you don’t get the answers you like, do you like to find your own? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then The Boone Tribune School Newspaper may be a great club for you!
There will be an informational meeting this Thursday, January 21st during 9th period in Mr. Hasson room, room 117. This is an informational meeting only. Come to the meeting and hear what the Tribune is all about. If you are interested there will be an opportunity to sign up and join. The Boone Tribune is only available for 7th and 8th grade students.
KIDS OF PROMISE (KOP)
For more information on this important group, please contact you school counselor.
JANUARY THEME DAYS
January 19 - VACATION DAY - dress like you are on vacation
January 20 - EFFORT DAY - celebrating outstanding effort
January 21 - GOALS DAY - set goals for the 3rdmarking period
January 22 - ZOOM DAY - commit to full participation in all Zoom sessions
January 25 - HOBBY DAY - share one of your hobbies
January 26 - BLAZER DAY - wear your Blazer gear
January 27 - APPRECIATION DAY - tell someone you appreciate them and why
January 28 - SHOE DAY - wear your favorite shoes
January 29 - FAMILY DAY - let your family know you are thankful for them
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FROM THE NURSE'S OFFICE
1) All students attending classes in the school building must complete the school pass app health screening prior to entering the school at 7:30. This is mandatory for everyone, all staff and students. This is just one more measure currently being implemented to prevent the spread of COVID from the community into the school. If you need help to set up the app please contact email@example.com in the technology department.
2) 7th grade health screenings are currently being done during homeroom. Vision, hearing, height, weight and scoliosis screenings are required for 7th graders. If you have a Digital or BVA student please call the Healthroom (610-689-6300 x3418) to arrange a time to have your child's health screenings completed.
3) Please encourage your child to bring a water bottle to school. Hydration is important to everyone's health. Students can safely drink from a water bottle by raising their mask from their chin to drink and keeping their mouth and nose covered by a mask
THE BLAZER SPOTLIGHT - GETTING TO KNOW THE STAFF OF THE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Position: 8th Grade ELA
The best part of my job is: sharing my love of learning with my students.
When I am not at school, you will probably find me: running, coaching, or reading
What profession, other than your own, would you want to do if you could? Dentist. I was accepted into the pre-dental program at my college before changing my major to education.
During the pandemic, I learned: how to garden and enjoy the simple things.
Three things you might be surprised to know about me:
1) I was the kicker for my high school football team
2) I earned 13 varsity letters in high school
3) I own over 40 pairs of sneakers
IT'S TIME TO ORDER YEARBOOKS
FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH FOR ALL STUDENTS
Week of January 25 - 29: In person instruction "A" week
January 28: Marking Period 2 Report Cards Available
Practices and games are back on for the athletic department! Please reference the game schedule below as adjustments have been made to the original plan.
Wrestling: practice at the high school from 5:15 - 7:15
Boys Basketball: practice at the high school from 3:00 - 5:00. Student athletes should take the transfer bus #70 from the middle school to the high school
Girls Basketball: practice from 3:00 - 5:00 at the middle school
Cheer: Monday - Thursday (and some Saturdays) from 4:30 - 6:00 at the middle school
Boys Basketball v. Kutztown (3:45)
Girls Basketball @ Kutztown (3:45) Dismiss at 2:15
FRIDAY JANUARY 22
Boys Basketball @ Oley Valley (3:45) Depart at 2:30
Girls Basketball v. Oley Valley (3:45)
SATURDAY JANUARY 23
Wrestling @ Central Dauphin East (10:00) Depart at 7:30
MONDAY JANUARY 25
Boys Basketball @ Schuylkill Valley (3:45) Dismiss at 2:00
Girls Basketball v. Schuylkill Valley (3:45)
TUESDAY JANUARY 26
Wrestling @ Exeter (4:30) Depart 3:00
WEDNESDAY JANUARY 27
Boys Basketball v. Tulpehocken (3:45)
Girls Basketball @ Tulpehocken (3:45) Dismiss at 1:45
FRIDAY JANUARY 29
Boys Basketball @ Exeter (3:45) Dismiss at 2:15
Girls Basketball v. Exeter (3:45)