Fairview Elementary School
From the Principal
Teachers are currently completing winter benchmark assessments with students in seat in the areas of reading and math. This month will also bring another opportunity for conferences with your child's teacher. They will be held virtually again this semester. Please be on the watch for information about setting those up with your child's teacher.
As we are still in the winter months, we would also ask that students be sent prepared for activities and recess outdoors. Having hats, gloves, and shoes that can withstand the cold and snow ensure that we will be able to take students outside. Place based learning abounds in snow and outdoors even when it's cold. We also try to get students outside for recess everyday unless there is ice or unsafe conditions.
Thanks to everyone for contacting us when your child is sick or exposed so that we can keep our classrooms open and reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Mrs. Diana DeMoss
Fairview PTA Business Meeting
Monday, Feb. 1st, 6:30pm
This is an online event.
We would love to have lots of participants join us as we plan for the remainder of this year and begin to look at next year's calendar.
iPad Charging Cords and Power Bricks
· Students should be gentle when pulling the cord from their iPad and should pull from the hard, plastic part, not on the wire. This is also true of the keyboard.
· Replacement cords and bricks are $10 each. To get a replacement from school, send the non-working cord or brick to school with the money to replace it, and a new one will be sent home. You are welcome to buy your own replacement.
· A working cord and brick will need to be returned at the end of the year.
· iPads are such an important part of learning! We are all working together to keep them working the best they can!
· iPads cases should be cleaned if they get dirty. You can use a damp paper towel, Lysol wipe or other gentle cleaner. Students should have clean hands and not eat while using their iPad.
· When an update is available in Settings, please run it. It will help apps to work better.
· If an app is not working well, go to Self-Service, search for the app and tap Re-install. This will help the app to be updated to the current version.
· iCloud and App store should not be used on school iPads. Please use only Self-Service to get apps.
Morning Check List
Plan to complete the Morning Check List each day before school
If your child is sick, please have the child stay home. If your child or someone in your home currently has COVID-19, please stay home and call your child’s school (214-3590) for the next steps. More information on protocols, plans and safety information is included in the district’s reopening plans available. click here
Free COVID-19 Rapid testing is now available
COVID-19 testing will be available to CPS students and staff who are exhibiting symptoms of the illness. The type of test that will be used is most accurate when administered in the first 7 days of symptom onset. Therefore, prior to testing, parents and/or guardians will call the CPS nurse triage phone line at 214-3975 to discuss the need for testing based on these guidelines. The phone line will be open from 7:30 am – 3:30 pm, Monday-Friday, school days only.