Limestone County School News
November 2, 2020
Virtual Enrollment for 2nd Semester
Parents and Guardians,
Enrollment for virtual instruction for the 2nd semester is now open. Please review the Virtual Enrollment Procedures video below. The deadline to enroll is midnight Monday, November 30. To complete the application process, go to the LCS district website (also listed below) and click on the appropriate application. There are two application links. One link titled "Virtual School Enrollment Application" is for current traditional students who want virtual instruction for the 2nd Semester. The second link titled "Return to Traditional School Application" is for virtual students who wish to return to traditional classes in January. If you do not plan on changing your current enrollment, no action is necessary. If you have any questions, please contact the curriculum department at Brad.Lewis@lcsk12.org.
Limestone County District Central Office Team
E-Learning Days: November 23 & 24.
On Monday and Tuesday, November 23 & 24, all Limestone County Schools PreK- 12th-grade students will participate in E-Learning Days. Students without a laptop at home will be provided one before Thanksgiving break. For more information and assignment deadlines, please review the video below. Also, students will be required to complete SchoolsPLP assignments during the first 2 weeks of November and during E-Learning Days. Check out the SchoolsPLP video to learn how to log in and access SchoolsPLP assignments.
Important Dates for the 2nd 9 Weeks
- November 1: Open Enrollment for Virtual and Traditional Students. (Enrollment Deadline is Monday, November 30).
- November 11: Veteran's Day - SCHOOLS CLOSED
- November 13: 2nd 9 Weeks Report Cards Go Home
- November 19 - 20: Device Pick for E-Learning Days at Local Schools.
- November 23 - 24: E-Learning Days (Students Remain at Home and Teachers/Staff will work on campus).
- November 25 - 27: Thanksgiving Holidays - SCHOOLS CLOSED
- November 30: DEADLINE to Enroll in Virtual Classes for the 2nd Semester.
- November 30: Return E-Learning Days. Devices to Local Schools.
- December 18: 1/2 Day for Students
- December 21: Christmas Break Begins
- January 6, 2021: 2nd Semester Begins for Traditional and Virtual Students
Mental Health News
Parents and Guardians:
Limestone County Schools is proud to partner with Mental Health Center of North Central Alabama (MHCNCA) for counseling services at school. Parents are also welcome to visit the Athens-Limestone Counseling Center on Elm Street in Athens. If you need mental health services for your children through North Central Alabama, please ask your school counselors to call the ACCESS number at (256)355-5904 or toll-free at 1-800-365-6008. The ACCESS department will schedule intakes at the Athens Limestone Counseling Center at the earliest available dates. Please review the links and attachments below for more information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. We look forward to working with MHCNCA and are committed to meeting the mental health needs of our students.
How to Help Your Child With Reading
Mathematics and Parent Support
General, Weather and Emergency Messaging System
Press # during the call to place the broadcast on hold for 2 minutes until you are ready to listen.
Press 1 if you are having trouble hearing the message and it will restart.