Friday, September 16th
Next Friday is picture day.
At Parent Information Night we talked about Teacher Ease. Below you can find the pictures to help you navigate Teacher Ease. Best practice is to check Teacher Ease one time a week to see what is new. You will find specific comments about your child's progress if they are not meeting the learning target. This will give you ideas on how you can help support learning at home.
Click here for: Parent Information Night presentation
If you have any questions please let us know.
Background checks last 2 years. If you would like to go on a field trip this year you will have to have a current background check.
There will be a Watch Dog Pizza Night on Sept. 29th. If you would like more information about Watch Dogs please attend that event. Or, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miss Hansen & Mrs. Kiger's Jelly Fish:
Focus: e to the end
Spelling tests include words that are not on this list too. At school, we practice the words and other words with the key skills. We encourage you to do the same at home so they get as much practice with the key skills as possible.
Math: I can add and subtract fluently within 20. I can represent and solve one and two step problems involving addition and subtraction within 100.
- This week we continued to work on fluently adding and subtracting within 20. We also worked on one step word problems within 20.
ELA: I can describe key ideas and details in literary text.
- We focused on the central message/lesson learned this week. We also learned about asking meaningful questions about a book.
Pathways: I can use learned spelling patterns in daily writing.
- We reviewed Vowel Town this week and worked on how to spell all vowel sounds. We also worked on spelling words with ng at the end.
Writing: I can write a narrative.
- This week we used a graphic organizer to write with a clear beginning, middle and end.
Social Studies: I can explain the importance of the Pledge of Allegiance.
- This week we learned about the key words in the Pledge.
Sept 23 - School Picture Day
Sept. 27-Culver's Night