St. Louis Catholic High School
Thursday, February 27, 2020
Halo Highlight: Fish Fry for the Fund April 3, 2020
We are approaching our Week of Giving in March that will benefit all of our Saints. The Week of Giving will kick off with our Phone-a-Thon, when we will reach out to alumni all across the nation, and conclude with a community celebration called our “Fish Fry for the Fund.”
As we enter this season of Lent, let us remember that God is calling us to fast, pray, and give alms. The “Fish Fry for the Fund'' will allow us to come together, learn about St. Louis Catholic’s strategic vision for the future and also get a snapshot into our vibrant student life. Your child will receive a book of tickets tomorrow (Friday) in B period.
Here’s how you can help make our community event a success:
● Sell each book of tickets (each book only contains 5 tickets).
● Return unsold tickets, sold books & money to the office no later than Friday, March 20, 2020.
● Attend the event on Friday, April 3rd.
**Incentives for Top Student Sellers:
Grand Champion- 1st- $200
Other Information about the event:
● While we are encouraging families to gather on campus to eat, there will be one pick-up area on Bank Street.
● Show Choir will perform from 5-7 p.m.
● Hear the State of the School address with strategic visioning updates from our Advisory Council.
● See a snapshot of February's FAME performance.
● Shop our Bake Sale with proceeds to The Saints Fund.
Each dinner will include: 4 large (shareable) pieces of catfish strips, fries, bread, tartar sauce, ketchup and water for $20.
For our Saints,
Director of Advancement
Hebert, Obluda Named National Merit Finalists
Seniors Ethan Hebert and Caroline Obluda both achieved perfect ACT scores earlier in their high school careers, and now as graduation approaches, they are also National Merit Finalists.
Only about 1% (15,000 out of 1.5 million) of the U.S. high school students who took the PSAT/NMSQT® in October 2018 and met other program participation requirements reach National Merit Finalist standing, so they're in elite company! Click to read more, including reaction from Hebert and Obluda.
COR Expedition Applications Open
We are currently taking applications for this summer's COR expedition adventure to Colorado from July 8-15! We will be backpacking for several days and rock climbing for one day. We're hoping to continue to grow our students' leadership skills and have them encounter Christ through the outdoors.
Current juniors and sophomores are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate is a student who is willing to seek adventure, grow spiritually and have a level of maturity necessary for the journey. If your student is interested, have them see Coach Bit Thompson or Ms. Orgeron.
Course Selection Fair Can't-Miss Event: Dual Enrollment & AP Presentation (5:45 PM)
ACT School Day - Payment Due March 6
Again, payment must be received by March 6, or your student will not be able to participate; this is regulated by ACT, NOT SLCHS. Contact the Counseling Office with any questions!
Interested in Touring SOWELA March 2?
Any Juniors or Seniors interested in touring the SOWELA Technical Community College campus on Monday, March 2, should turn in their completed Field Trip Permission Slips by noon TOMORROW (Friday, Feb. 28). Students will be transported by bus to SOWELA at noon and return at approximately 2:50 p.m. We will accept the first 25 completed permission slips. If you have any questions, please contact the Counseling Office.
- If you'd like to pause your February tuition payment, tack it on at the end and use it to re-enroll your child for the 2020 school year, please contact Ray Baggett at email@example.com to set it up!
- Click here to access the 2020-2021 subsidy form. It is due to the SLCHS Finance Office by April 15.
- PLEASE re-enroll your child for next year AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so your child's scheduling will not be interrupted! Click here for a step-by-step guide to re-enrollment, or contact Director of Admissions Heather Ieyoub with any questions!
Indoor Track Wins State Titles
Students for Life Sponsoring UNPLANNED Movie Screening Feb. 28
Sweethearts Dominate at Showtime International Contest
Congratulations to the Sweethearts for earning several awards at their annual competition in Magnolia, Texas! They took home a Sweepstakes Award, the Award for Excellence, and a Circle of Champions Award, and the girls also earned the highest score of all participants in the modern dance category. Individually, Molli Miller and Hallie Marie Kleckley were named solo finalists. Congratulations, ladies!
Girls Basketball Hosts Haynes Academy Tonight in Quarterfinals
No. 2-seed Lady Saints basketball is marching toward another state championship, and next up is No. 7 Haynes Academy tonight at Krajicek Gym. Tipoff is at 6 p.m. **Admission is $8.**
And save the date for boys basketball's playoff opener - Tuesday, March 3, at home against Teurlings Catholic. Tipoff is at 7 p.m.