The R-Factor (E+R=O)
An Overview for Educators - Be the Best Version of You
2019-2020 Mini-PD Series & Coffee Chat
Join the MRESC for an informal seven-part mini-PD series and coffee chat centered around Focus 3's "R-Factor" - E+R=O (Event + Response = Outcome).
- Interested educators can participate via face-to-face or virtually through Google Meet. We will meet once per month between October 2019 and April 2020 (90 minutes per session). The Best Part - Cookies and Winans Coffee!
The R-Factor™ is simple to understand. "The reality is — you don’t control Events & you don’t control Outcomes. The only thing you can control is how you choose to Respond. E + R = O is just the way life works. Success goes to those who are able to manage the R". - Tim Kight, Focus 3 - 2018 MRESC Admin Retreat.
- Do you want to become the BEST version of yourself ... personally? professionally? in your relationships?
- Would you like to gain tools to help students gain self-efficacy? Transform your classroom? Effect positive change in your district?
THEN JOIN US FOR THIS MINI-PD SERIES ON THE R-FACTOR!
During the series we will explore:
- the R-Factor's six (6) disciplines
- Reflect on how the system can support achieving our personal and professional goals
- Discuss how the R-Factor could be utilized in our classrooms to help us become the BEST versions of ourselves.
For more information about Focus 3's R-Factor, please CLICK HERE or view the brief video located below.
EVENT DETAILS (7 Part Mini-PD Series & Coffee Chat)
Facilitators / Faculty: Erica Baer & Shawn McElroy, MRESC
Time (All Sessions): 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm (Snacks & Coffee Provided)
Dates & Locations:
- Session #1 - October 10th
- Session #2 - November 5th
- Session #3 - December 10th
- Session #4 - January 7th
- Session #5 - February 11th
- Session #6 - March 10th
- Session #7 - April 7th
Location: Jackson Center Local Schools, 204 Linden St., Jackson Center, OH 45334
Contact Hours: 14
Will Graduate Credit Be Available: YES - Additional fee of $235 paid to Ashland University at end of series.
- $0 – Free for MRESC Employees & Volunteers
- $50 per person - Educators from other organizations / agencies
*Registration fees should be paid to the MRESC. Additional payment instructions provided with online registration (click on button located below).
Important Details & Reminders
Thursday, Oct. 10th, 4:30-6pm
Jackson Center Local Schools, 204 Linden St., Jackson Center, OH 45334
What time should I arrive at the training site? Please arrive 10 minutes early to each session to complete the check-in process. Please enter through the main entrance and check in with the office before proceeding to the assigned classroom.
Food & Beverage: Bottled water, coffee, and assorted snacks will be available at the beginning of the session. Participants are free to bring snack items for themselves or to share with the group.
What You Should Bring? Participants should bring note-taking materials, writing utensils, and electronic devices (i.e. laptop and/or chromebook) with them to the session.
Our Cancellation Policy - Cancellations must be received by October 1, 2019 at 3:00 pm. Cancellations received outside of this policy will not be accepted. Attendees and/or employing districts will be billed accordingly.
Midwest Regional Educational Service Center
Our Vision/Mission: The Midwest Regional Educational Service Center serves and supports students, families, and districts as an innovative educational partner.