Water Usage

Learn all about water usage!

By Ugonna Adugba

Where is water used?

The United States Environmental Protection Agency states that 70% of water is used indoors. The most water used is in your bathroom. The toilet alone uses 27% of water. A shower and the faucet combined uses about 32% of water. Using the faucet for a minute uses 2 gallons.

My Water Use

My family uses 2,959 gallons of water. We mostly use our water showering. We use about half of our water in the bathroom. We use the least amount of water shaving with the water running.

Ways you can save water

What are some ways you can save water?

1. Turn off the water faucet while you brush your teeth.

2. Make sure no faucets are leaking in your house.

3. Take shorter showers.

4. Don't run water while washing dishes unless you are rinsing off soap.

5. Water your garden at night, then it will not evaporate so quickly and instead, it will soak in.

Fun facts about water

1. Water has no smell or taste.

2. Earth still has the same amount of water since the beginning.

3. Water is essential for life on Earth.

4. 70% of Earth is water. The other 30% is underground.

5. Water boils quicker in Denver, Colorado than in New York City.

6. It takes more than 10 gallons to make 1 slice of bread.