Carver Middle School Newsletter
May 19, 2019
Greetings Carver Community!
Thank you all very much for your support of our students during the first week of SOL testing. Our students have been well prepared and we are encouraged by our early results. Please continue to encourage your student to study hard, rest well, eat breakfast and charge those chromebooks. Students are scheduled to take the Civics and Economics SOL tomorrow and Math SOLs the remainder of the week.
Please join us for our PTA meeting tomorrow at 6:15 in the library. As you may be aware we do not have school next Monday 5/27/2019 because of the Memorial Day Holiday.
We have several key events coming up next week. If you have a rising 6th grader that is planning to join the Summit team please join us on 5/29/19 for a Summit Info Session. This will be an awesome event and you will hear about the Summit platform from the student and parental perspectives.
Also please join us for the Summer Reading Palooza on May 30 at 5:30!
Thank you very much and have a great week Carver family!
Anthony J. McLaurin, Ed.D.
We are also raising money for the Children's Tumor Foundation. Please use the link here: https://join.ctf.org/team/210271 to join our team and contribute! Your student should have brought a change box home Friday to collect monies for the fundraiser. Families should donate through their students' first period odd class.
Thank you very much for your support!
Join the Soles4Souls Movement!
Please donate gently worn shoes to support Souls4Soles!
Carver MS Cheerleaders!
Thanks to Mrs. Daniels, our coaches and student athletes. Our Spring sports banquet this week was a huge success!
Congratulations Mrs. Jones!
Congratulations to Mrs. Jones and her first period on a 100% Science SOL pass rate!
Carver MS Cheerleaders!
May 20- Civics SOL
May 20- PTA Meeting, 6:15 pm Library
May 21-24- Math SOL Testing
May 27- No School-Student/Staff Holiday
May 29-Summit Info Night for Rising 6th grade families, 6-7 pm library
May 30- Reading Palooza!
May 31- 8th Grade Dance- 6 pm-8 pm
June 7- Chromebook collection
Purchase a Year Book for Your Cougar!
Parents, Carver Middle School's yearbook will be here by the end of May. If you have not purchased a yearbook yet for your student, there are two ways to purchase one.
1. Bring a check (made out to Carver) or cash to Mr. McGill, room 1606 for 35.00
2. Go to Caver Middle School Website and click on "school information" and select "yearbook" at the bottom.
Use the PTA website at: https://carverpta.ptboard.com/ to sign up.
1. Log in or create an account.
2. On the "Join School" pop up screen enter code: 9XKCHR.
3. Sign up to assist with events, purchase spirit wear, raise funds and assist the PTA in supporting our students!
- Starting March 4, 2019, seventh and eighth grade students will no longer report to the cafeteria for breakfast. Students will have grab and go breakfast stations on their grade level hallways and will eat breakfast in classrooms.
- Starting February 4, 2019 students are not allowed to utilize cell phones during the instructional day. Students are expected to leave phones in their lockers before first period if they choose to bring them to school.
- Students will be dismissed in the following order- 8th graders, 7th graders, 6th graders.