The Weekly Update #4
January 29th, 2023
WEEK AT A GLANCE
February 27- March 3 Read Across America Day (See below)
- March 6-10- Parent Conferences Week
- March 14- Pi Day!
- March 20- SBAC Acceleration After School Program Begins (5 weeks)
- March 25- Cesar Chavez School Beautification Day!
- March 29- STEAM Night & Rowan Avenue Open House!
- March 31- Cesar Chavez Day NO SCHOOL
- April 3 & April 4- Acceleration Days @ ROWAN! (sign up begins February 27)
- April 17- EOY Window Opens
- May 1- SBAC Testing Begins (ELA & MATH)
- May 26- EOY Closes
- May 29- Memorial Day- NO SCHOOL
- June 2- Report Card Due
- June 2- End of the Year Award Assemblies
- June 8- Tentative Graduation Day
- June 9- Last Day of Instruction
- June 12- Pupil Free Day
- June 13, 14, 15- Buy Back Days (optional)
This week's instructional FOCUS:
Teaching & Learning Framework:
3C: Structures to Engage Students in Learning
Foci: Purposeful and Productive Instructional Groups
Small groups help teachers individualized instruction to best meet the student needs.
SBAC After School Bootcamp
We are looking at beginning our SBAC Bootcamp March 20th. Please let us know if you are interested in this 5 week Math (2 weeks) & ELA (3 Weeks), program. Please submit your name on this Form, if intersted. Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2023
ROWAN WILL HOST SPRING ACCELERATION DAYS!
Ms. Montañez has been asked to be the Principal of our 2 Acceleration Days on April 3 & April 4th. Be on the lookout for the form to sign your students up!
This week is our last week of our Clasroom based intervention. Thursday will be the last day for classroom interventions.
On March 20, we will invite all students in 3rd - 5th Grade to participate in a SBAC Boot Camp! More information to come!
On Tuesday, we will have a Lockdown Drill at 8:30 AM.
It's important to always be prepared should any emergency arise.
RAINY DAY ATTENDANCE CHALLENGE
We know that Attendance Drops when it Rains. Our district is encouraging Rainy Day Attendance Challenges to incentivize student attendance in anticipation of the sharp decline!
Remember school is open Rain or Shine!
Please know that Attendance is directly related to Academic Success now, and in the future!!!
LUNCH MENU for the Week!
School Fundraiser: Pacific Fundraiser! Cheesecake Kick Off!!!
Please view the Fundraiser Kickoff Video with your child!
Fundraiser dates will be February 27- March 10, 2023
We conducted our Earthquake drill asynchronously last week due to the weather.