Bertram Family Connection
February 21, 2022
- Monday, February 21st: Student Holiday/Staff Development
- Tuesday, February 22nd: Bertram Family Trivia Night - 5:15 pm-6 pm, PTO Meeting @ 6 pm
- Tuesday, February 22nd: School Bus Driver Appreciation Day
- Monday, February 28th: Play It Safe Opt-Out letters due (see below)
- Week of February 28th: Read Across America & Dr. Seuss celebrations during Library class
- Tuesday, March 1st: Play It Safe Presentations during Activity Time (Kinder-5th Grades)
- Tuesday, March 1st: Academic UIL Contest (during the school day)
- Tuesday, March 1st: STAAR Parent Night for 3rd-5th Grades @ Parent Resource Center (see below)
- Thursday, March 3rd: 5th Grade Visit to BMS 8:15 am-12:00 pm
- Friday, March 4th: Academic UIL Awards Assembly @ 12:45 pm (2nd-5th Grades Only)
- Wednesday, March 9th: GT Parent Information Night @ Bertram - 5:30pm (see below)
- Thursday, March 10th: 3rd Grade Field Trip
- Friday, March 11th: Field Day (See Below - Volunteers Needed!)
- Saturday, March 12th - Monday, March 21st: Spring Break & Staff Development Day
Updated to reflect student holidays on 11/29, 3/21, and 5/16.
Sleep in Heavenly Peace & Highland Lakes Crisis Network Partnership
These free beds will be built and delivered to homes on Saturday, February 26, 2022.
If you need a bed for a child, please complete this form.
If you would like to volunteer to build or deliver a bed, please complete this form.
Play It Safe Presentations March 1st
the classroom during the presentation.
If you DO NOT wish for your child to participate, please return the OPT-OUT letter by Monday, February 28th. Information letters and the Opt-Out letter are attached and hard copies have been sent home.
STAAR Parent Information Night - March 1st
Please join us March 1st at either 4 pm or 6 pm to receive information about the new STAAR state testing online platform. After a short presentation, you will be able to log in just as your student will on the day of the test and see how they will interact with the online tools available to them. You will learn to access released test questions that can be used for practice with tools on the upcoming spring assessments.
Refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP using the following link .
The presentation is will be at the Parent Resource Center at 208 E. Brier Street Burnet, TX 78611
GT Parent Information Night - March 8th & 9th
Field Day is Coming Friday, March 11th!
Transportation Changes Information Reminders
Our school is growing and it is important that everyone know and follow the transportation change process.
- If your child has a change in transportation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 1:30 pm. This includes daily changes and permanent changes. Please indicate in your email if the change is just for today or if it is for every day.
- At 1:30 pm, this email box is checked for a final time and all changes will be made.
- After 1:30 pm, we print the transportation lists for teachers and dismissal staff.
- No changes will be accepted after this time.
- If you have an emergency, you may call and speak to Mrs. Harris about the situation and we will work together to support your student.
- Voicemails, notes, text messages, phone calls, and emails to any other email address are not acceptable changes of transportation and will not be processed.
- We do not accept transportation changes from students. Parents and guardians must communicate any changes by using the email@example.com email address.
Teachers & staff have shared a few of their favorite things. If you are looking to celebrate or appreciate your teacher click here. Staff are listed alphabetically by last name.
Please complete the Self Reporting Form to report a case of COVID-19 or orders to quarantine due to close contact from a medical professional. This form is for both students and campus visitors.
Birthday Treats & Forgotten Lunches
Birthday celebrations are reserved for the last 15 minutes of the day. Please communicate with your child's teacher if you intend to send in treats. They will be able to let you know the specific time.
If your child forgets their lunch, you may drop it off at the office. If your child does not have a lunch at lunchtime, they will be served a free hot lunch.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:25am Office Opens
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:20pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes