August 19-23, 2019
Getting into the swing of things
WMS Expectations and Procedures Handbook
Chromebook Distribution Continues
Dress Code Reminders
Cool Weather Items
Type: hoodless sweaters or hoodless sweatshirts, vest, zip up fleece, softshell or cardigan worn with a collared button down or polo shirt underneath
Colors: any solid color
Logo: small manufacturers logos are acceptable; school logos are permitted
The following is unacceptable at WMS and will not be allowed:
· Unnatural hair colors (bright red, burgundy, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink or purple)
· Body piercings, excluding ears. Earrings that pose a safety hazard or that are disruptive in nature
· Visible tattoos
· Skinny style pants, stretch pants or tight fitting clothing
· Hats or head coverings inside the school
· Cell Phones, large purses, gym bags, backpacks, backpack style purses, and drawstring bags must be kept in students’ lockers from 7:30am to 2:30pm.
PTSA Membership and Important Dates
Important Upcoming Date:
Saturday, September 14 from 4-8:00PM: Dine-Out for Dollars at Chipotle on Green River Road. Please tell the cashier that you are participating in the give-back for WMS PTSA when purchasing your food.
Monday, September 16 from 7:30am-8:15 am: Coffee Chat & PTSA Meeting. Please plan to join us in the media center for coffee, updates from the principal, discussion and a PTSA meeting. You do not need to be a member of PTSA to attend the meeting. All parents are invited and encouraged to attend if possible. Details regarding parking and door entry will be sent out closer to time.
Monday, September 16 from 6-7:00PM: Family Engagement Night - "Chromebook 101". Please join us in the media center to learn about your student's new Chromebook as well as Google classroom, RDS access, and other programs.
How is your child doing in classes?
If you have questions or concerns about grades you can contact your child's teachers, Mrs. April Coughlin or Administration to set up meetings.