The Gator Chew
Back to School News
1st gr Math:
3rd gr Math:
2nd-4th grade Parent Homework:
Parents:You are invited to engage with Gideon teachers and team members in a discussion of home- school partnerships, behavior expectations, & grade level content & expectations. Light refreshments will be served, and a movie will be played in the library for our students.
Session 1: 6:00 pm
Session 2: 6:45 pm
*Summer reading prizes will be awarded on this night. Winners must be present!
Music Notes in Concert
Friday, Aug. 23rd, 6:30pm
7700 South Watson Road
Learn more about Music Notes:
Stay In the Loop
Send a text message to join.
text number: 81010
enter message: @gid2020
or email: remind.com/join/gid2020
Before and After-school Care
The QUEST program will service 29 campuses across the district, and Gideon will be one of those campuses. The mission of QUEST is to increase the success of MISD students by providing rigorous activities, engaging enrichment, and recreational opportunities that allow students to explore their interests and discover their talents.
QUEST registration for the 2019-2020 school year is now open! Families may register using the following link www.ezchildtrack.com/misdquest/parent.
More information on the QUEST program can be found on their website at www.mansfieldisd.org/QUEST.
Bus information for the upcoming year has been updated. Be sure to look up your address to ensure you have the latest information.
To look up your information, click here: http://edulog1.mansfieldisd.org/edulog/webquery/
For further questions regarding transportation, you can call: 817-299-6060.
Remember: All kindergarten & 1st grade students must have an adult waiting at the bus stop during the school year, otherwise the child will not be let off the bus. If this is an inconvenience for your family, be sure to arrange child care. Thank you!
1st Day Photos
- email pictures to: email@example.com
- use our hashtags: #gideongators #gideonrocks #wearemisd
*We will have picture stations set up on Meet the Teacher Night and the fist week of school. Those pictures will be shared on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
The Results Are In!
Gideon Gators performed very well on this past STAAR. Because of the hard work that our teachers, tutors, and students put in this year, our campus scores increased in all areas: Reading, Math, & Writing. Way to go Gators!
Printed scores have been sent home with 4th graders, and sent to Icenhower (for distribution to 5th graders).
First Day Updates...
- You can walk your child to class this week (Wednesday- Friday).
- Campus will be closed to visitors during lunch this week (Wednesday- Friday). We will busy managing the student that are registration, for those whom could not make it prior.
- The parking lot will be full tomorrow morning. Consider coming in early, or parking over in the Student Nutrition parking lot to avoid traffic.
- All students are welcome to get on the bus. You can look up bus information here: http://edulog1.mansfieldisd.org/edulog/webquery/
- Be sure your child's teacher knows how your son/ daughter will get home this week. You can place a note in your child's folder or email your child's teacher.
- Email your first day pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org use hashtag: #GideonGatorsRock #MISDDayOne
- Join our Remind text group (if you haven't) to ensure you're receiving the most current campus information. Text Number: 81010, type message: @gid2020
- Save the date for our Parent Information Movie Night: August 20, 6:00- 7:30 pm.
Studies show that kids who read an average of 20 minutes per day perform significantly higher in school and have a much more extensive vocabulary than their same aged peers who do not read 20 minutes per day at home. We want to give our students the best chance to succeed in school and we need your help. Assist us in preventing your child from experiencing the summer slide by reading each night with him or her.
All students went home with a summer reading log. Complete the daily log as your child completes their daily reading goal. Some reading activities include:
- sight word flash cards,
- alphabet flashcards,
- iStation & Eduphoria (your child knows their login)
Email pictures of your child reading to: email@example.com
All students who complete and submit a weekly log to Mrs. Charles will be entered into a drawing for a FREE tablet. Everyone who participates will earn a prize & certificate.
*Drawing & prizes will be distributed at the Parent Information Night on August 20th.
MISD is Offering Free Meals During Summer Months:
Mansfield ISD Back to School Bash
Saturday, Aug. 3rd, 8am-12pm
1110 West Debbie Lane
2019 MISD GT Summer Enrichment Guide
Click on the following link to review a list of activities in the area:
Remember: All non-school aged siblings should remain in their strollers during the parties, to ensure their safety while on campus.
Celebrate Gideon Staff!
- June 3: Veronica Collins, FLS
- June 9: Ms. Carol, office manager
- June 12: Mrs. Swan, 2nd grade
- June 15: Mrs. Sombrio, Art teacher
- June 18: Mrs. Barrett, Technology Teacher
- June 28: Mrs. Hodge, ISLE
- July 7: Mrs. Wachsmann, Assistant Principal
- July 20: Ms. Armstead, ISLE
- July 24: Ms. Vega, 1st grade
- Aug. 5: Mrs. Boykin, ESL
Help Us Tell Our Story!
We are 51 "Likes" away from our end of year goal.
Here's how you can help: Actively promote the increase in "Likes" on our school FaceBook fan page by the end month of April by doing one or all of the following:
- Get family and friends to click "Like" on www.facebook.com/gideongators . (There is a difference between liking a post and liking the page. Ask them to click 'Like" on the top of the page.)
- Share at least one post (to the right of 'Like" you'll see"share". Click "share, then click "write post". Write a positive message and click "post".):
Our accounts are:
- Facebook: Gideongators
- Twitter: @GideonGators1
We need you!
Sad news: Our wonderful PTA Board's two year term has come to an end. This means we need you to serve on the board next year; otherwise, our sweet students and teachers will not have a PTA next year. If this does not sound scary to you, read on to learn a little more about what they do for our kids (aka your babies):
- field trips
- special programs
- teacher appreciation week
- holiday parties, and more!
For more information about Gideon PTA and how you can volunteer, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org