News and Notes November 4th
A Note from the Principal
Ticket sales have closed! Thank you to everyone who has purchased! We look forward to seeing you there! If you want to support, but can't attend, please see our website at: www.bidpal.net/2019marquetteauctionProceeds of the Auction will go towards the Marquette Educational Capital Improvement Campaign. This project is a multi-phase project that encompasses the renovation of the playground, classrooms and other school facilities!
- We have a great opportunity for parents to give their feedback on our school calendar. We strongly encourage you to complete our calendar survey here by next Sunday night.
- Thank you to everyone who helped with Trunk or Treat! It was a huge success!
- The Parish of Christ the King Stewardship Renewal needs your support. You can find a link to the online form here. PLEASE remember that having a completed stewardship form is necessary to be considered for the Active Parishioner Rate.
- The Marquette Faculty has an emergency procedures committee tasked with consistently reviewing and evaluating all emergency procedures. One current project of the committee is to revise our rainy day dismissal procedures. On November 6th, rain or shine, we will implement a trial run of our new rainy day dismissal procedure with parents. A detailed email will go out to parents explaining the process before November 6th. Our goal by announcing and practicing ahead of a real weather event is to be better prepared for a real event. With winter coming and the chance of extreme cold or wet or slippery conditions, it is in our school’s best interest to practice this now. Should you have any questions, please contact Mr. Luetkemeyer.
- -Please note that all Religion teachers will need to teach their Protecting God's Children Lesson the week of November 11th.
- We will have a Veteran's Day assembly on November 11th at 8:10. In addition to hearing our choirs sing, we will also have a Reader's Theatre presentation by our 2nd grade class. All are welcome!
Week at a Glance
-8:15 tornado drill/rainy day dismissal practice during the school day
-Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
-Rainy Day dismissal at 3:00 (An email will be sent with detailed procedures)
-Family Faith Formation-NO HOMEWORK
-Coffee with the Principal
-Spirit Day: Rosary/Adoration
-8th Grade cardboard boat event
Good to Know Info
- This year's funds will be directed towards the Marquette Educational Capital Improvement!
- What is this?? The Marquette Educational Capital Improvement is a multi-phase project that encompasses the renovation of the playground, classrooms and other school facilities!
- Phase one of the improvement project is the renovation of the playground and with your help, we are hoping to have phase one completed in 2020!
Tickets and Silent Auction
- Go to www.bidpal.net/2019marquetteauction view silent and live auction items. Items are added regularly so check back in often!
Auction Dress Attire
- Fanciful, festive (sequins, feathers, etc), cocktail or casual.. we just want to see you there!
Again, thank you for all of your support! Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions!
2019 Auction Committee
ATTENTION ALL BAKERS....OR JUST THOSE OF YOU WHO BUY WELL!!!!
It's time for the auction, so that means it's time for the Dessert Auction! We are bringing it back!! We are looking for desserts of all kinds--they can be homemade or bought/donated from your favorite bakery or restaurant. We will have drop off times on November 15th at the Greenwood Cultural Center or if you need to drop off earlier we can make arrangements.
As always, whatever the desserts are brought on will be part of the donation. If you want to buy a cute cake stand or plate that would be great and if not we will have plastic cake plates available for store bought desserts. Please list what you are planning on bringing in the comments section so we don't have all of the same kind of dessert!!
We are excited to see all the beautiful desserts, thank you for your help making this a great success!!
Sandy Stoulil, Jennie Miller, & Stephanie Vanderslice
We want your feedback on the school calendar!
Empowering God's Children
As in past years, we will be presenting the Diocese of Tulsa's program Empowering God's Children. We will also continue coordinating the lessons so that all grades present the program the same week. We have examples in the office of the program and the website is listed below. It is important that you "opt-out" by signing the form (attached at the bottom of this newsletter) if you DO NOT want your child participating. Please see below for more details.
Marquette will present a sexual abuse prevention program, the Teaching Safety – Empowering God’s Children program, to our students the week of Nov. 11-15. The creators of the Protecting God’s Children® program developed the Teaching Safety – Empowering God’s Children program. This program is provided to us by the Diocese of Tulsa and is a part of our ongoing effort to help create and maintain a safe environment for children and to protect all children from sexual abuse.
The scheduled lesson is being offered to all students at Marquette. As a parent, you have the right to choose whether your student participates. We encourage you to read the attached “overview” and “lesson plan” so you’ll be aware of the nature of the Teaching Safety – Empowering God’s Children program. If you have questions about the program or the lesson, please contact your child’s teacher or administrator. If you determine that you DO NOT want your child to participate, please complete the “opt-out” form at the bottom of this page, and return it to your child’s teacher no later than November 2.
For more information on the Teaching Safety – Empowering God’s Children program, visit the VIRTUS Online™ website at www.virtus.org.
Little Flowers Girls’ Club
Little Flowers Girls’ Club, which is now being offered at Christ the King and Marquette. This wonderful program teaches girls in grades 2-5 nine different virtues through a distinctly Catholic lens. Using scripture, the catechism and parental involvement, girls learn to look to female saints who represent the different virtues and learn how to imitate the saints in their own lives. Like a scouting program, girls earn badges for the virtues they have practiced and life skills they have learned.
Our first meeting is October 29th at 4:15 in the St. John Paul II room, which is located on the second floor of the new building. You can enter through the doors by the parish office or by the front doors at school and then through Fletcher Hall. The meeting will last one hour, during which time we will provide a snack and do that week’s lesson/activity. Although it is not required, mothers or caregivers are encouraged to come too but they will need to be Virtues Trained
The rest of this year’s dates are listed below:
We are asking for $5 for dues, which you can bring to our first meeting. We also ask for you to purchase the Economy Members Pack for our first meeting. (If you don’t receive it by the first meeting, please don’t worry. We will make sure your daughter can still participate.) Here is a link for that purchase:
Please use this form to register:
We look forward to meeting your daughters and providing them an opportunity to grow in their Catholic virtues and faith. Please keep us in your prayers as we begin this club.
Sarah Seck and Colleen Calvani
Yearbook Pictures Needed!
email@example.com or you are always welcome to use the ReplayIT app.
Catholic Charities Opportunity
Part time Job Opening at Catholic Charities of Eastern Oklahoma: Donor Acknowledgment & Fundraising Support. If you are self-motivated, have advanced knowledge of Microsoft programs and want to work for WAY MORE THAN A CHARITY, then check out this link!
Calendar of Events
2019-2020 Parent Calendar
*All times and dates are subject to change.
November 5 Early Childhood Parent Education Session
November 15 Auction
November 26 Kindergarten Feast at 11:30; Prayer Service at 2:15
November 27-29 Thanksgiving Break
December 2 Advent Prayer Service: 8:05 (gym)
December 3 Early Childhood Parent Education Session
December 5 School Penance Service
December 6 School Penance Service
December 9 Advent Prayer Service: 8:05 (gym)
December 12 &13 ECDC Christmas program
December 2 Jingle Bell Shootout
Dec. 17-19 Middle School Finals
December 16 Advent Prayer Service: 8:05 (gym)
Dec. 20 Last Day/Christmas Parties/Middle School Retreat/Prayer Service
December 21 Christmas Break Starts
January 6 Last Day of Christmas Break
January 6 Teacher Curriculum Planning Day
January 7 Class Resume
January 7 Early Childhood Parent Education Session
January 10 Kindergarten Open House 11:30
January 20 Martin Luther King Jr. Day-No School
January 25 Boots N BBQ
January 25-31 Catholic Schools Week
February 4 Early Childhood Parent Education Session
February 6 2:15 Dismissal for Conferences (Conferences from 3:00-6:00)
February 7 NO SCHOOL Parent Teacher Conferences 8:30-12:00
February 13 Valentine Parties-2:15 (Kindergarten Friendship Breakfast)
February 14 Diocesan Professional Day-No School
February 17 Presidents Day-No School
February 26 Ash Wednesday
March 3 Early Childhood Parent Education Session
March 12 Q&U Wedding
March 15 Last Day of 3rd Quarter
March 14-22 Spring Break
March 27-April 3 Spring Book Fair
April 9 Living Stations of the Cross-2:00
April 7 Early Childhood Parent Education Session
April 10 Good Friday-No School
April 13 Easter Monday-No School
April 23 NJHS Inductions
April 25-26 2nd Grade Treasure Box Weekend
May 5 Early Childhood Parent Education Session
May 6 K-8 May Crowning 10:00
May 13 Kindergarten Nursery Rhyme Day @8:30
May 1 1st Communion Luncheon--2nd Grade
May 2 & 3 1st Communion Weekend
May 8 Field Day
May 15 Field Day Make Up
May 14 8th Grade Luncheon and 8th Grade Graduation
May 21 Last Day of School/Kindergarten Graduation 10:30/Noon Dismissal
2019-2020 Marquette School Theme
Heavenly Father as we begin this new school year I pray that you would give us an understanding and discerning heart in our thoughts, words, and actions with our children, with their teachers, and with our fellow parents. Help us to be slow to anger but quick to respond to the needs, disappointment, and problems that others are facing.
Keep me Lord from developing a judgmental spirit that can so often jump to the wrong conclusions and prevent me for speaking too hastily, which can so often cause sadness and pain to those that are in need and trouble.
Lord as a community we want to be used by You as a channel of blessing and of loving compassion. Teach us, Lord, how to be the models for our children and we pray that You would change us from the inside out to be the person that You would have me to be. Lord, bless this school as we celebrate 100 years of Catholic education and may we do all things pleasing to You. Amen.
- For our students, parents, and teachers that we will experience a year of faith-filled development.
- For an increase in vocations within our Christ the King/Marquette community.
- For our Priests and for an increase in vocations to the Priesthood and religious life.
- For those separated from their families due to military deployment.