Upper Dublin in Review...
Legislative Meeting Briefs - October 2020
UDSD Board of School Directors
Ms. Amy Francek, President; Dr. Darlene Davis, Vice President
Mr. Michael Henderson, Ms. Jennifer Iannitti, Dr. Art Levinowitz,
Mr. Stanley Ropski, Ms. Titia Scherpbier, Mr. Mark Sirota, Mr. Jeffrey Wallack
President's Welcome and Reports to the Board of School Directors
- President's Welcome - Ms. Francek welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Student Government Association Report - Daniel Caplan reported on various happenings at the high school.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Yanni presented his monthly Superintendent's Report. Click here to read the full report.
- Blended Learning
- Quarantine protocol
- Return to in-person learning
- Elementary classes and teacher assignments
- Health and safety protocols
- Chromebooks and website browsing security
Recommended Action Items for Approval
Education Committee Recommendations
- Curriculum - The Board approved a consulting agreement with Be Cubed Marketing to provide support in curriculum and program development for the 6th - 12th grade Connections program, purchase of digital resource licenses of Padlet, a Dual Enrollment Agreement with Gwynedd Mercy University, and conferences.
- Pupil Services - The Board approved a new service agreement with Dr. John Russell for medical services for the District and the termination of a service agreement with Dr. James Shettsline.
Finance Committee Recommendations (includes Operations and Transportation)
- Routine Matters - The Board approved routine matters such as the review of the Treasurer's Report, the list of bill payments, and a transportation bid.
- Other Matters - The Board approved a proposal with Breslin Ridyard Fadero Architects for furniture, fixtures, and equipment for new SRMS, the fourth borrowing for the SRMS project, refunding of outstanding general obligation bonds, a contract amendment with D'Huy Engineering, three settlement stipulations, PCCD grant funds purchase of security cameras, and a donation from UDJAA for baseball field backstop and batting cages.
Personnel Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the personnel report, inclusive of appointments, retirements and resignations, leaves of absence, changes of status, curriculum support leaders, and extracurriculars.
- Other Matters - The Board also approved an Memorandum of Agreement and a Memorandum of Understanding with UDEA.
Policy Committee Recommendations
The Board approved second readings of the following policies:
- Bullying/Cyberbullying (249)
- Dating Violence - NEW (256)
- Conduct/Disciplinary Procedures (Employees) (317)
- Maintaining Appropriate Boundaries with Students (824)
The Board affirmed first readings of the following policies:
- repeal of Conduct/Disciplinary Procedures (417 and 517)
- Immunizations and Communicable Diseases (203)
- Health Examinations (209)
- Telework (310)
- Physical Examination (314)
Other Business and Reports
- The Board approved resuming in-person instruction timeline for students grades 2-12, revisions to the UDSD Health and Safety Plan, and the Superintendent's Goals for 2020-2021.
- Liaison Committee Reports - Reports from Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, Montgomery County Legislative Committee, Eastern Center for Arts & Technology, Equity and Empowerment Steering Committee, Educational Advisory Committee, Pennsylvania School Boards Association, Upper Dublin Township, and Upper Dublin Education Foundation.
- Solicitor's Report - Mr. Diasio reported that the Board met in Executive session prior to the Legislative Meeting to discuss personnel matters and litigation.
Community Input and Follow-Up Comments
- Food Service
- Hybrid schedule
- D'Huy contract - SRMS project
- Quarantine guidelines
- Health and Safety/Mental Health
- Fourth borrowing for SRMS project
- Return to in-person learning