The Graham School News O'Graham
- Wed. Aug. 18 - Orientation for 9th and 11th Grade Students and Families at 5:00pm
- Thurs. Aug. 19 - Front Office closed until 3:00pm
- Thurs. Aug. 19 - Orientation for 10th and 12th Grade Students and Families
- Monday, Aug. 23 - First Day of School For All Students - 8:00am-3:30pm - Students will not be able to enter the building before 7:30am and must be picked up by 4:00.
- Fri. Aug. 27 - 8:30am-3:30pm - COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
- Mon. Sept. 6 - No School - Labor Day
- Fri. Sept. 10 - Early Release at 12:00pm-Staff PD
- Tues. Sept. 21 - Family Crew - 6:00pm
- Fri. Sept. 24 - Early Release at 12:00pm-Staff PD
Haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) a la derecha para ver esto en español.
TGS Free COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic
WHO: Walgreens and You! Students and Families of The Graham School
WHAT: COVID VACCINATION CLINIC
WHEN: Friday, August 27 from 8:30-4:00
WHERE: The Graham School, 3950 Indianola Avenue
WHY: From the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic The Graham School has been committed to creating a healthy and safe environment for students and staff. Approximately 97% of our staff are now fully vaccinated and we continue to follow COVID mitigation strategies in our building. As noted on Nationwide Children’s Hospital’s website (nationwide children's.org): "Getting yourself and your child vaccinated are important steps in protecting against infection and our return to normalcy. Having your child vaccinated can help:
- Protect your child from severe COVID-19.
- Protect loved ones by stopping the spread of the virus.
- Return to traditional in-person school, sports and other extracurricular activities.
- Eliminate mask wearing requirements.
- Reduce the spread of the virus within the community."
Additionally, according to the latest school guidance from Columbus Public Health, vaccinated students will not need to quarantine if exposed to COVID.
Family members who wish to be vaccinated are invited to schedule an appointment, as well. All vaccine recipients must complete the COVID vaccination consent form, linked here. Students under the age of 18 also need permission and the signature of a parent/guardian. Once completed, please scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or turn in at the front desk. There will be additional hard copies available at Open House, as well as at the front desk.
Even though the consent form asks for insurance information, there is NO COST TO YOU for the COVID vaccine. It is FREE to get vaccinated.
Please direct any questions or concerns to email@example.com. Thank you!
We will be hosting Orientation for all grade levels at the school and hope you will make a commitment to joining us. You will have an opportunity to meet teachers, staff, and other students, as well as obtain information and answers to questions and participate in the Title I meeting.
Wednesday, August 18, 5-7 p.m. - 9th and 11th-grade students
Thursday, August 19, 5-7 p.m. - 10th and 12th-grade students
Have you registered your Returning or New student for the 2021-2022 school year? Your student's spot is not guaranteed until all annual registration forms are received by the school
For RETURNING Students there are 2 ways to register your student:
1. Online Annual Registration Forms
Please Create an account for your student using the invite code that was e-mailed to you. Once you enter the site, your student's information should be pre-populated into the forms. Double check that the pre-populated information is correct, fix any wrong information, complete some new information, and then submit. Check each Section.
- NOTE: If any information has changed, check the box at the end of that section BEFORE trying to update the information.
- NOTE: Please completely fill out Part(s) Two, Five (especially Health History), and Seven.
- NOTE: You may also need to clear the cache.
- If you run into any problems, be sure to let us know with as much detail as possible.
- If it is impossible for you to see any of your student's information or access the website, let us know that too.
- Visit this link ESchool - How to.pdf There are step by step screenshots.
To create an online account with OneView to complete the Annual Registration forms for your student online go to https://tgs.esvportal.com/. You should have received an e-mail with your student's invite code.
2. Paper Annual Registration Forms
- Were recently mailed home
- May be picked up at the front desk (office hours are Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-3:00pm)
- May be mailed to you upon request (614-262-1111) and FrontDesk@thegrahamschool.org
- May be printed from the TGS website
Please fill out the annual registration forms and mail, scan, fax, or drop them off at the front desk.
NEW Students will need to complete Paper Registration Forms:
- Registration forms were mailed home this week
- You may pick up registration forms at the front desk (office hours are Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-3:00pm)
- Click here to print the registration forms from the TGS website
Please fill out the annual registration forms TODAY and mail, scan, fax, or drop them off at the front desk. If you have any questions, please contact the front desk at FrontDesk@thegrahamschool.org or call 614-262-1111.
In addition to the Registration Forms, we are mandated by the Ohio Department of Education to obtain a new proof of residency every school year. This may be a copy of a utility bill (dated on or after July 1, 2021). If you do not have a copy of a utility bill, please contact the school at FrontDesk@thegrahamschool.org or call 614-262-1111 for other options. Proof of residency must be submitted on or before the first day of school.
We are asking our families to help with expenses by making an annual school contribution of $35.00. You may pay with credit card, cash, check or money order in person or by mail. You may also pay with a credit card online via the TGS School Store.
Have you completed the Free and Reduced Application?
All TGS students will be offered free breakfast and lunch for the 2021-2022 school year, regardless of the status of family's free and reduced application. We request that all families fill out this form which helps determine school funding. In order to potentially qualify for PEBT, fee waivers, and other benefits families will still need to complete a free and reduced application. A family will need to qualify as free or reduced in order to qualify for these programs. A letter will be mailed out to families and will indicate their free, reduced or full pay status. Please complete the application and return it to the front office as soon as possible. The TGS front office is open Mon.-Fri. 9:00am-3:00pm. Please contact Sheri Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Family Crew - Tues. Sept. 21 at 6:00pm
Crew is a core practice at The Graham School that is essential to bringing our community together by allowing for relationship building, promoting shared understandings through equity and inclusion, and building positive connections with peers. Crew is also a vehicle for developing and supporting students socially, emotionally and academically. During these challenging times, Crew is perhaps more important that it has ever been for our community. Last year we expanded Crew work to include Family Crew, with intent to engage and connect our families through our culture of Crew.
The year we are hosting monthly Family Crew sessions to engage and connect with our families. Each Family Crew session will have a specific focus related to the work we do at The Graham School, such as Crew, Mindfulness, Restorative Practices, Social-Emotional Learning, etc. The format of the meetings (virtual vs. in-person) has yet to be finalized as we keep an eye on the evolving COVID situation in Franklin County and continue to prioritize the safety of students, families, and staff. If you are interested in attending in-person events and transportation is a concern, we can help with that! Please reach out to the deans or the email@example.com for more information.
Required Vaccines for Students
Vaccines protect children from serious and preventable diseases – and all K-12 students must be up-to-date on all required vaccines entering the new school year. Students with an incomplete immunization record 14 days after the start of the school year will not be able to attend classes. The exact date will vary based on the first day of classes for each school or district. Click here for a list of required vaccines.
Please contact your healthcare provider to make sure that your child is up to date on their vaccinations. If for any reason you cannot get into your doctor on time, Columbus Public Health has an Immunization Clinic at 240 Parsons Ave. where students can receive their vaccines, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Vaccines are offered at Columbus Public Health’s immunization clinic on a walk-in basis. No appointment is necessary.
Columbus Public Health Immunization Clinic Hours:
- Mon: 8 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Tue: 10 a.m. – 6:15 p.m.
- Wed: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Thu/Fri: 8 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
The week of September 15, Columbus Public Health’s Immunization Clinic will offer extended hours:
- Sat, 9/11: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Mon, 9/13: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tues, 9/14: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Wed, 9/15: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Thu, 9/16: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fri, 9/17: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sat, 9/18: 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Columbus Public Health may stop seeing new patients before closing hours due to high demand.
Despite these extended hours, we expect wait times of up to five hours during this week. Please encourage parents to visit the Immunization Clinic as soon as possible in order to avoid these long waits. In addition to childhood vaccines, Columbus Public Health also offers free COVID-19 vaccines for anyone 12 years of age and older.
If your student(s) was not using a school bus for transportation to and from school during the 2020-21 school year please complete the online application NOW for a Columbus City Schools transportation route: https://www.ccsoh.us/Page/4818
- Returning families, please check your CCS Transportation portal to make sure your information is up to date.
- An email address is required for registration.
- You should receive an email with a link to complete your online application.
- Then you should receive an email confirmation that your application has been submitted.
- CCS Transportation will send your student’s route information separately.
- Note: We do NOT have access to the student’s un-routed information.
For any further transportation questions, contact: Columbus City Schools Transportation
at 614-365-5074 Or visit 1560 Moler Rd., Columbus, OH 43207
When you shop at Kroger and/or Amazon you can help TGS raise money for class supplies!
Go to: www.krogercommunityrewards.com or call 1-800-837-4483 to enroll in the program. Add Graham to your card. You can search for Graham by name or use our school code: IE209, Shop! Every time you shop and use your Kroger Rewards Card Graham gets rebates. Kroger totals those rebates and sends Graham a check.
Amazon Smile gives to The Graham School!
When you make a purchase on Amazon Smile they will now donate 0.5% of your total purchase to The Graham School. Go to http://smile.amazon.com/ch/31-1713840 to get started!
The parent or guardian of each student enrolled at The Graham School may request information on the professional qualifications of each classroom teacher who provides instruction to their student and the school will provide this information on each applicable teacher in a timely manner.
Our partnership with EL Education empowers our teachers to unleash the potential of their students. EL Education is built on ten design principles that reflect the educational values and beliefs of Kurt Hahn, founder of Outward Bound and EL Education. These principles also reflect the design's connection to other related thinking about teaching, learning , and the culture of schools. The Graham Schools habits of learning have grown out of the design principles: Self-Direction, Perseverance, Teamwork & Collaboration, Service & Stewardship, and Adventure & Risk.
TGS is a School-wide Title 1 program, enabling us to receive Federal Funds to ensure that our students receive the support they need to reach and exceed grade level goals in reading and math. We welcome parent involvement in planning, review and improvement of Title 1 programs including the family engagement policy and the schoolwide program plan. Please contact Debbie Addison at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
RESIDENCY VERIFICATION NOTIFICATION
Per House Bill 21 community schools are now required to perform a monthly review of student files and randomly select families for residency verification. Please be sure to contact the school immediately in case of an address change. Proof of residency must be submitted within two weeks of an address change. If evidence is not provided, requests for additional documentation or a home visit may occur.