Volume 3 Issue 2 Sept 4, 2020
Remote Instruction Attendance Update - MUST READ
This section is for any student who has chosen to go remote or is at home on isolation or quarantine. Below are the steps of our remote attendance process starting Tuesday September 8. Please watch the 2 minute video below and then follow the instructions:
Link to video:
Steps for Students:
- Login to Google Classroom using your school account username and password.
- Open the "WHS Remote Attendance" classroom.
- Read the statement in the stream regarding attendance.
- Click the link for the Google Form.
- Complete the form and click submit.
- Only remote students will be invited to the classroom. Face-to-face students will not be allowed in the classroom. Face-to-face attendance is recorded by them being present in class on campus.
- The submission of the form is time stamped. The date the form submitted will determine the day the student is present. For example, if the form is submitted on 9/8/2020 then the student is counted present for his or her classes on 9/8/2020 only.
- You must fill out this form each school day to be counted present in any classes.
Devices Still Needed for Remote & Face to Face Learners
All students need to have a device to use which have a keyboard, the ability to use a Chrome browser and is mobile. If your student does not have one we still have a few we can let them borrow for this year. We are turning most work in online and students are asked to have a device other than their cell phone to take to each class. Please fill out the Chromebook Request Form and email Kim Carnes or Curtis Martine for information on when they can pick it up.
Just a reminder that students must have parking permits in order to park on campus. In order to purchase a parking pass a student must fill out this form and then will be able to pay online as well. It is $30 for an annual parking pass. Vehicles parking on campus without a permit could get a warning sticker or a tire boot. Don't be that vehicle! Also, Starting Tuesday September 8, you may bring in a parking pass and $10 (cash only) to upgrade to a nicer parking spot. If you have any questions please email Denise Alden, our wonderful bookkeeper.
CONGRATULATIONS August Students of the Month
10th Grade - Harrison Mallett
11th Grade - Amelia Beam
12th Grade - Adrian "AJ" Bell
CONGRATULATIONS August Staff of the Month
Sharon Garner - English Teacher
Theresa Gray - Lead Counselor
Staff Birthdays - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Theresa Gray - September 8