Midland Trail Elementary School
~ We Believe & Achieve In Order to Succeed ~
Dear MTE Families & Friends,
Today marks the middle of our first quarter of school! We've made it through the first 4 weeks. Although there have been many challenges, our students and staff have done a wonderful job of making learning happen here at MTE. Whether your student is Blended or Remote, we are working every day to make learning happen. That doesn't mean there aren't issues that may arise. Here are some helpful hints:
- Our Librarian can offer tech support in the mornings from 8:30-9:00 am
- Attendance and grades are recorded DAILY for both Blended and Remote Learners
- Every student will have assignments to complete on a daily basis; whether at home or in person at MTE
- If your child is sick/has an appointment and can't come to school or log in to TEAMS, call the office so they will be excused
Happy Fall Ya'll
Aron Attebery, Principal
Leasha Wolterman, Curriculum Administrator
Smile... it's PICTURE DAY
Tuesday 10/20 GOLD DAY Picture Day
We Need YOU!
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR MTE COMMUNITY
Masks will be required for all students and adults in the building.
We will have a procedure for students who arrive after 8:45 am. All students need a safety check by staff member before entering the building.
- Parent/Guardian will call school and notify office of late arrival.
- Staff member will come to front door. Parent will walk student to the door. Student will be screened, and once cleared by staff member, will be sent to classroom.
- Parents must wait until child is cleared to be in school.
If a parent needs to pick up their child early for any reason (illness or appointment).
- Parent/guardian will call school ahead of time, or from car in front of building, to ask for student and notify office who is going to pick up student (person must be on approved list).
- Parent will walk to door and wait for student. Once student is in office, they will be escorted by secretary to vestibule.
- Parent/approved adult will show I.D.
- Secretary will verify and then sign student out.
- Parents will no longer be signing student out w/ signature
- I.D. must be presented to release student.
Free & Reduced Meal Application
The Free & Reduced Meal Application can now be completed online through your Infinite Campus Parent Portal Account.
To access the application, sign into your Parent Portal account using the link below.
Grading & Attendance
If students do not keep up with more than six hours of daily assignments their grades will be impacted. At the secondary level this could impact credit acquisition. We will be using the traditional grading systems (A, B, C, etc). They will not get a grade for participation only. Students will have to login to Microsoft Teams for virtual conferences/instruction multiple times daily designated by their teacher. These times will be within the traditional school day. Students that miss this instruction may not understand how to complete work independently. At the elementary level, some independent work assigned may require the assistance of an adult.
Remote students are required to join their teacher for instruction in Microsoft Teams, multiple times a day. If students fail to login, they will be marked absent. Blended students are required to attend a morning meeting in Microsoft Teams and complete assignments at home when school is not in session. Failure to log in and/or complete work will result in an absence. Absences will be recorded and will be subject to the Kansas truancy statute.
School Hours - Arrival & Dissmissal
ANY CHANGES TO TRANSPORTATION must be made prior to 3:00 p.m. to ensure that student and teacher are aware of the change. PLEASE make sure your student(s) and teacher(s) know how they will get home the first day of school.