Clear Lake Intermediate
This. Is. It!
Will we have masks? Will quarantining be the same? Will our teachers have more freedom to move about the cabin (I mean, their classrooms?) without the fear of catching COVID? We don't know the answers to those questions yet, but we are confident that the newly forming committee on reopening schools will make decisions that protect us, while still allowing us to do what we do best, teach!
With so many questions on the horizon, there is one thing I know for sure. We love your kids. We will miss the ones who move on, and we will welcome our new ones for the 3 year ride of their lives. We are going to grow with them, fall down with them, and jump right back up with them. With that, have a great summer, and we will see you soon!
8th Grade Summer Bash
The Summer Bash brought the American Idols out in full force. Everyone had a blast seeing what singers we have here in Clear Lake.
Something for everyone
When dancing and dodgeball wore our kids out, there was plenty of room to sit, grab a Chick Fila sandwich, and just talk.
Good friends who haven't seen each other at school in months got to catch up too!
Something for everyone
Cell Phone Flashlights?
The bright lights came on as our kids gave great concerts!
Corn Hole Anyone?
When the basketball got crowded, groups of kids waited to get their Corn Hole on!
Tearing up the Court
Everyone won with the fun they had!
Who knew how many of our kids could hold an audience like this?
Thanks to the teachers (and PTA Mamas) who made this party possible.
The pictures they printed will last a lifetime!
Teacher of the Week
Girls' Athletics News
The Girls Athletics Awards video launched last Friday, May 14th at 6:00 pm. If you have an athlete in our Girls Athletics program and have not viewed the video, it is posted on our CLI itsLearning page (same page as our Friday morning announcements in the bottom right).
Congratulations to Aidan Hayes for earning the Eagle Pride Award based on her positive attitude and all-around school spirit.
Congratulations to Makayla Koran for earning the Outstanding Scholar Award by modeling the perfect balance of academics and athletics by participating in Volleyball, Cross Country, and Tennis while earning all A’s with a Pre-AP course load all three years!
Both of these young ladies now have their names engraved on special plaques that are displayed in our trophy case.
Is Your Child on Quarantine? Here are the Guidelines...
We realize that being quarantined is not an ideal situation. As you transition temporarily from school to home learning, we have prepared a guide to help you in making the transition as smooth as possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your teachers, counselors or assistant principal with any questions or concerns.
Here are a few steps that you can follow to keep up with your schoolwork:
Establish communication with your teachers
· Email all your teachers to inform them that you have been quarantined.
· Email any coaches, club sponsors, or extra-curricular teachers to let them know you will not be attending any of these activities.
Plan your day
· Try to follow your regular schedule and accomplish the work within your class period.
· Brick and mortar teachers will be posting lessons on Itslearning for you to accomplish. Students should follow the teacher’s directive after making initial contact on how to access lessons and assignments.
· If one of your courses is hybrid (students both in person and online), you can use the TEAMS link to log in for real time instruction. It is important that you attend these classes during your assigned time period. Teachers’ TEAMS links can be found in their Itslearning course or you can email and request the link.
Attendance and work
· Complete your assignments on time and submit them as directed by the teacher. The completion of the work on time will allow us to give you credit for that work.
· If there is no official work to be submitted, you will be marked absent unless you contact the teacher on that date.
A few important notes:
If you are experiencing technology concerns, please notify your teacher. The district technology help line is also a valuable resource and can be reached at: TechHelpDesk@ccisd.net.
RETURNING TO SCHOOL:
You will not be able to return to campus before the date given to you on the official CCISD email. Even if you have a negative COVID test, you cannot return to CLIS out of quarantine until you have been officially cleared by the district. If you develop any COVID symptoms, please notify our campus nurse immediately at Hjaeger@ccisd.net.
Absent? Need to turn in an excuse?
Technology Skills Checklist
Are you still struggling with online learning? Here are some resources to help you and your child.
· CCISD Parent Resources: https://ccisd.net/departments/technology_support/Parent%20Resources
· CCISD Student Resources: https://ccisd.net/cms/One.aspx?portalId=645487&pageId=26405607
Login to the CCISD SSO Portal
The SSO portal makes logging in to other applications more seamless. The portal has links to all the main web tools you will need (Skyward, itsLearning, textbooks, etc.).
* You should use the same username and password that you used to login to your laptop.
Finding your classes in itsLearning**
Once you login to the SSO portal, you can click on the itsLearning app, and you do not need to login to ItsLearning separately.
* This is a generic overview of itsLearning basics and is not CCISD-specific. See the CCISD Student Resources page above for more info.
Checking your grades and class schedule in Skyward**
How to find applications on your computer (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and pin them to your taskbar or to your start menu
Try pinning Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel to your taskbar or to your start menu for easy access.
· Parents: Here is a good video about all the features of Skyward: https://rb.gy/ifoldt
Parent/ Student Tech Support
The CCISD Technology Remote Support Line is now operating and is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Parents and students can call 281.284.0500 for assistance.
Parent Drop Off and Pick Up
Upcoming Eagle Events
NOT MUCH LEFT!!!!
- May 27 – Early Release day for Students; Last day of school for students
- May 31 – CCISD Holiday – All CCISD campuses and offices closed.
- June 1 – Report cards for 4th nine-weeks/2nd semester/year-end available in Skyward Family access.