BUENA VISTA - NEWSLETTER
DR. AGNES A-KUMI ............... WEEK 38: 5/10 - 5/14
THANK YOU FROM BUENA VISTA FAMILY
Dear Buena Vista Families
Thanks to all our parents, students, and the Buena Vista PTA for the diverse ways you showed appreciation to BV staff for what we do everyday. We are public servants who have been privileged to be part of raising the next generation and we take this noble responsibility seriously and carry it out with all diligence everyday. It regulates and guides every decision we make as school staff.
Thank you for trusting us with your children. We will continue to serve them with all our heart. Each child has a special place in our hearts. We love them!. .. Dr. Kumi on behalf of all BV staff.
This newsletter also includes:
- Upcoming Events - Important dates as we near the close of the school year.
- Music lesson # 4 for TK - 2nd grade
- Drop off and Pick up procedures
- Bus schedule
- Visitors are not allowed on campus.
UPCOMING EVENTS -
- 5/27 Virtual Open House - More information will be coming out soon.
- 5/28 Non-student Day (No School)
- 5/31 Holiday, no school (Memorial Day)
- 6/9 Wednesday - Regular day. AM and PM schedule.
- 6/9 Wednesday - 6th grade Virtual Promotion Ceremony. More information will be out soon.
- 6/10 Thursday - Last Day of School (Minimum Day)
RECORDED MUSIC LESSON #4: FOR TK - 2nd GRADE STUDENTS
- Daily attendance is required. School starts at 8:00am prompt.
- All students must return promptly after recesses and lunch breaks.
- Call the main office to report an absence when your student is ill etc.
- Communicate with your child's teacher so your child can make-up missing work.
- Safe, On Task, Always Respectful, Responsible
- All Eagles must S.O.A.R!
- Please review the chart below on S.O.A.R expectations with your child.
- Encourage them to continue to S.O.A.R.
- Trustworthy - Able to be relied on. Deserving of trust or confidence; dependable; reliable
- I got this! Buena Vista, We got this!!!
Click here to access the seven signs of being a trustworthy person.
Click here to access video explaining growth mindset in a student friendly way.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEURES
- AM Cohort starts at 8am and ends at 10:30am.
- PM Cohort starts at 12pm and ends at 2:30pm.
- Gates open at 7:50am for the AM cohort and 11:50am for the PM cohort.
- For questions, call the office at 805-742-2020.
Vehicle Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Please drop-off and pick-up students in the area marked off by cones.
- Do not get down from your vehicle. Students will walk to your car.
- Have your child's name displayed in the windshield or side window of your vehicle. Example is in picture below.
- Bus riders will exit gate across from library or the bike gate.
- Students walking home, must use sidewalks.
- Use your helmet if you are riding your bike to and from school.
- For students safety, use the crosswalk to cross Aldebaran Avenue. Do not jaywalk.
CAN MY CHILD GO TO SCHOOL TODAY? ANSWER THREE QUESTIONS IN THE BLUE BOX
BUENA VISTA BUS SCHEDULE:
HOW TO SOAR
Safety For All
Join PTA: Follow the link:
Safety For All
- Always have your mask on to come to the school site.
- Stay 6 feet apart when interacting with anyone at the site.