A WORD TO THE WISE...
*DR. WINKLER VISIT - We walked several classrooms in third and fourth grade today. She was impressed with the learning she saw taking place.
*TAMI TIME - Please make sure you have signed up for at time to visit with me at the link below. This is a non-negotiable that everyone will be participating in. Questions for this quick meeting are in a section below called "Points to Ponder."
* REPORT CARDS - Report cards will be sent home in Tuesday folders. Please make sure they go home.
* FALL FESTIVAL - Just a reminder that Fall Festival is on Thursday, October 18. Kara met with the committee last week to share ideas for this event. Please take time to encourage families to come out to this great even! PTO is "beefing" it up and will have vendors to shop, food trucks to eat, and carnival games to play.
*FOUNDATIONS TEAM MEETING - Foundations will be meeting on Wednesday. Please communicate with your team representative if you have any issues or concerns about hallway, cafeteria or behavior levels. Remember that if you have a concern, the Foundations structure is that you need to attend the meeting to present your concerns.
*GT NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN - If you have students who YOU feel need to nominated for GT testing (parents will be notified soon about the window being opened). the window is open. If you need a form, see Kara. Once you have completed it, give it to Deanna.
*GT THREE PART MAINTENANCE TRAINING - If you are interested in participating in GT Maintenance training that Kara emailed about earlier in the year, MARK YOUR CALENDARS. The first date is October 16 after school in the library. You will have to attend all 3 sessions to get credit. This will give you 6 hours maintenance credit after all three sessions.
*JEANS DAY - Remember that we are moving jeans day to Wednesday starting next week. If you choose to wear jeans besides Wednesday and Friday, please see Kathie G BEFORE
*TEAM HUDDLES rotation - Second - Monday, Specials - Tuesday, Third - Thursday and Special Ed - Friday.
*TEAM HUDDLE QUESTION FOR THOUGHT - This is one of the hardest stretches of time. What will you do to help yourself stay positive fro now till Thanksgiving break?
WEEK AT A GLANCE
Monday is Site Based Meeting.
Tuesday is GT Staff Development Day 1 and Bosses Day.
Wednesday is Foundations team meeting.
Thursday is Fall Festival.
Friday is Poster Method.
OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
GT Training Day 1 - October 16.On campus opportunities to note: (Second Monday after school opportunities)
November 12 - Rubrics
Points to Ponder: (questions for meeting with Tami)
1. What is one thing you love about being a part of the ORE family?
2. If you had a magic wand and could change one thing about ORE, what would that one thing be?
3. If I were to ask you at the end of the year what your were most proud of, what would you want that to be?
SEEDS FOR GROWTH:
Third grade team - For being such a great group of friends to work with. - Missy
Kara S - Thanks for getting together the apple treat for the staff! - Tami
FOOD FOR THOUGHT...
People remember about 7% of what you say and 93% of your tone and how body language you used when speaking.
Made me stop and think...how do I say what I'm saying and what is my body language saying?
Goals for 18-19
2. Starting in January, teachers will focus on aligning two anchor stations with current learning in the classroom.
3. By the end of the school year, reading and writing teachers will be trained in the conferring process and create their own documentation of conferences.
15 - Site Based Team Meeting (Previously CORE)
16 - Gina Godinez's birthday
16 - Bosses Day
17 - Raquel Santa Cruz's birthday
17 - Foundations Meeting after school
17 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
18 - Fall Festival
19 - Poster Method Day
20 - Alyssa Barker's birthday
21 - Virginia Vera's birthday
22 - Faculty Meeting
23 - Technology Staff Development during planning time
24 - Kara out to AP meeting
26 - Math Review Quiz
30 - Tami out to Curriculum Meeting